Let's Talk About Love

The sun was setting across the blue waters, painting an array of colors in the evening light. Lucy sighed and lay her head down on the railing.

"If you're tired, I suggest turning in for the night." A voice teased her from behind, "I seem to recall giving up a rather comfortable bed for your benefit."

"I'm not tired Caspian, merely relaxed."

"With the rocking of the ship, I predict your relaxation will become sleep and then I will be forced to carry down to your you chambers...again." He leant against the railing next to her.

Lucy let out a laugh, "I'd hardly say anyone forced you. I was fine sleeping on deck."

"But that would be unladylike."

"I never claimed to be a lady."

"That's true." Caspian chuckled, "You've bested everyman on this ship in swordplay, including Edmund and myself."

"You went easy on me." Lucy teased.

"I swear- I was really trying." Caspian laughed, "I told the men I went easy on you to save my pride."

"Would it shame you to lose to me?"

"To lose to the warrior queen is expected, to duel her is an honor."

"You are far too much of a diplomat for your own good." Lucy laughed, "Save the charm for foreign negotiations."

"Are you saying my charm is useless against you?"

"On the contrary, I have already forgotten my anger over you being to prideful to fight me fairly."

"I fought you fairly, I just lied about it."

"My anger is returning." Lucy teased.

"Perhaps I need to charm you again, I am rather frightened of you when your angry."

"As you should be." Lucy bumped her shoulder against his, causing him to laugh and thrown an arm around her.

"The sunset really is beautiful." Lucy sighed after a moment of silence. "It's as if it was painted using the best feelings in the world."

"Happiness." Caspian nodded, agreeing with her wistful musing.

"Hope."

"Courage."

"Love." Lucy smiled, "You can see it in the stars peeking out."

"You see love in the stars?"

"Yes. Stars remind me of the adventures my siblings and I took by night." Lucy sighed, "When I was lonely in England, I look up at the stars and felt...not better, but consoled, perhaps."

"So you see love in the night sky?"

"I see it everywhere. Aslan in the sun, romance in the flowers-"

"Amazement in the power that love gives you not to kill Eustace?"

"Caspian!" She scoffed and hit his shoulder before resting her head against it."I do love Eustace, he's just...adjusting..."

"Sounds like he's been adjusting to something his whole life."

The corner of her lips turned up, "Perhaps. But Narnia will change him."

Caspian looked at her for a moment more before tucking her head under his chin while they watched the sunset, the unspoken, hinting love pulsing around them.