Chapter 4

Victoria

"Sorry, I don't know what you were even expecting me to say," I scoffed, "but this sounds ridiculous I mean who even does that anymore. Arranged marriage, really?"

"Victoria please just listen to me. I know this is sudden but you're already at an age where marriage should be one of the things you're thinking about. You know I wouldn't let him marry you if there was something wrong with him but he's a handsome young man from a very wealthy and well-known company. I've always wanted the best for you and he fits all those perfect standards. He's young, rich, and handsome."

I went silent thinking about what she said. How could they have expected me to just say yes. Never for a second would I have expected anything like this from my parents. Were they really that desperate? I sighed and looked back up to see my parent's eyes on me, not blinking at all.

"And what about this marriage, you said the period is how long?" I asked

"Two years, three if all is still not well by then. But no more than that, I promise." My dad said

"Two to three years?" I groaned

"No more, I promise. Who knows it could even be less." My mom mentioned

I sighed and groaned holding my head.

"This is insane, I mean I need time to at least think!"

"Victoria this is a once in a lifetime chance, I know it's hard to comprehend it all, but we wouldn't be asking this of you if we didn't think it was best for you."

"I just- I know mom, I know you mean well but this is so sudden."

"You'll have enough time to adjust before we take any further steps, I promise." My dad spoke

I heaved a long deep sigh, "alright I'll do it, bug I just want you guys to know that I'm not happy with it." I said

Either way if it goes bad I'll be getting a divorce right?

"Oh thank you so much my love, I'm so sorry for putting this all on you." My mom rushed to hug me

"We already signed the contract but you and their son still need to." My dad informed

"Do you seriously know nothing about this person?" I sighed

"He has a good reputation, he's pretty smart. He goes to business meetings with his father. So he's experienced in the business world. Rumors have it that he's going to be a genius business man in the nearby future." My dad explained

"What about his name?"

"That I do not know." My dad dryly chuckled

"Oh yeah, one more thing before you go rest up. This year you're coming with us to the annual conference." My mom smiled

The annual conference is their excuse for a party. Every year all the families of the listed companies get invited to this formal 'meeting'. Really It's just a party but they like to call it a conference to be more, I don't know, professional? Pretend like they're not wasting their time? Families all go and get to know others and make connections and maybe even collaborate with some companies and such, even discuss business. Everyone is dressed in fancy clothes and wearing their most expensive jewelry to show off. They have the most expensive foods and drinks. All in all, It's a big fancy party for the rich.

"Why all of a sudden?" I asked

"Because that's where you'll be reviewing the rest of the contract with that kid." My dad said

"Oh my god! The conference is in a couple of days." I said only realizing the fact now

"Don't worry I got your dress for you." My mom smiled

It's not about the dress mom. It's about the fact that I'm going to see that kid- I mean man so soon. I don't even have enough time to process what I just heard.

Sehun

"I won't do it."

"I'm not giving you a choice here. You're coming with us and you're doing exactly what I tell you to." My dad spat

I clenched my fists and turned around to leave the house, making sure to slam the door behind. How I wish he'd die soon and leave me be in peace. All I've wanted was to be in control of my life. I just want to do the things I like, the things I enjoy. And now he asks me this absurd thing. He's never stopped once to think about what I want. For once I wish he would put me first.

I've always been okay with the idea of taking over the company and becoming the chairman. I had never complained about it. I didn't mind because I thought that it was best for my family.

But I've. always hated and still despise when he forces me against my will over anything. When will he stop?

He already removed me from the basketball team  and forced me to give up my own time to go to meetings with him. I worked hard for the company when I have my own work to look after and studying to worry about.

I unlocked my phone and searched through my contacts. I softly smiled when my eyes landed on a certain contact.

"Hey love."

"Hey Sehun, you okay? You don't sound very well." She said

"I'm fine I just miss you." I sighed

"I really miss you too, you should come see me tomorrow."

"I'd love that." I smiled

"Perfect, you better come! Now tell me, what are you up to?" She asked

"You know, just this and that. A few company issues lately its been a bit tiring."

"You know, you never seem to take a break. You're either studying or working. Why don't you take a vacation and just rest up a bit?"

"It's not really up to me," I sighed, "but I'll be fine."

"Make sure you're taking care of yourself alright?" She said

"I will don't worry. You better be taking care of yourself too. I've gotta go now. I'll call you back when I'm done okay?"

"No problem. See ya."

I ended the call with a smile on my face. She never fails to lift my spirits. I sighed and let my shoulders fall. My face turned into a frown again once I recalled what happened at home.

I really can't continue on like this. I have to tell her, I can't hide something as big as this from her. I grabbed my phone back from my pocket and took a deep breath before clicking on her number again.

"Hey listen I have to tell you something extremely important and I just need you to hear me out before you say anything." I said

"Alright?" She answered

I sighed and started the conversation that was about to break the hearts of many people.

****************

Have a good day or goodnight♥️