Chapter 28

Victoria

I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest. I stared blankly at the wall, waiting for anything to happen. This empty feeling was new to me, and I absolutely hated it.

I looked at the end of the bed, where he last sat down. It was empty of course. I felt my tears threatening to fall again, and I let it. I cried quietly missing the way he looks at me with his soft smile. We made it this far, just for him to leave.

I got out of the bathroom and went to grab my phone on the nightstand when I saw a piece of paper next to it. I furrowed my brows and grabbed it. It was a letter, from Sehun. He must've left it for me last night.

Dear Victoria,

First I'm gonna apologize for hurting you multiple times. I know I can't take back what I've already done but I hope one day I'll be able to make it up to you. I prepared this letter knowing that I wouldn't be able to properly say goodbye before I go. It hurts that I won't be able to see you in a while. Five years is a long while, no doubt about that. I'll be happy to see you again even if you move on with your life, even if there's no room for me in it. Don't wait for me, but I'll be waiting for you.

Love,
Oh Sehun

My tear drops were starting to wet the paper. I looked up and wiped my eyes. He couldn't have just called? I folded the letter and put it safely in my drawer.

I took a deep breath and stood up to get changed. I shouldn't stay home today. I don't think I can handle all the thinking about him.

As I was walking out of the house Mrs. Oh called me. Last time I saw her was at the party when she helped me out of the mess Sehun and I had created. I hesitated at first, but decided to answer in the end. I shouldn't avoid her.

"Hello." I greeted

"Hey, how are you doing sweetie?" She said

I knew exactly what she meant. Are you in too much pain? Did you cry a lot? I cleared my throat and answered.

"Just okay." I sighed

"That's good, It'll get even better soon. Actually I called because I heard from your family that you were looking for a Summer job. And well, we're in need of an assistant for the vice chairman since his secretary will be taking a long vacation." She said

I stayed quiet for a minute, thinking about it. It'd be nice to work there in case Sehun ever shows up for work.

"I will be taking the job then if that's alright with you." I answered

"Of course. And if you ever need to talk about anything I'm always available." She ended the call

I put my phone down and went on my way out. But for the whole day I kept my eye on my phone. I waited and waited the whole day to get a text or anything from him but there was nothing. Another day passed and I sent another message, but he never replied. Does he not want me to talk to him anymore?

Sehun

"Is this your girlfriend?" She showed me the article of me and Victoria during the party 

I turned my head the other way and kept walking. Reporters swarmed the airport at my arrival. Ridiculous articles about me were everywhere. I was just here for private education on business with my fathers teacher.

***************

"Can't you do something about it!?" I grit my teeth

"We are trying, just be patient." My new secretary said

"You've been saying that for some weeks now!" I yelled

"There was no other news about her after the party so there's nothing to worry about." He replied

"There better not be, I'm hanging up now I'm getting another call."

I closed my eyes and sighed. It was my mom. I pinched the bridge of my nose and laid back down on my bed.

"Hey mom." I said

"Oh I'm so sorry you sound busy am I calling at a wrong time? Well I'll keep it short then. I will make sure that the agency deals with those pesky people that keep bothering you. You sound very tired, make sure to rest well." She said

"Don't worry I'm going to be fine I'm just tired from work that's all." I said while rubbing my eyes

"I'll hang up now but make sure to rest well. Don't overwork yourself!!" She said before hanging up

"Wait!" I yelled

"What's wrong?" She asked

"H-how is dad doing?" I asked

"Oh he's doing just fine, you don't even have to worry about him. He even looks better these days. Oh I almost forgot, he didn't wanna worry you with all this but he agreed on the surgery. Although it won't be a full recovery, the doctor said it might give him more time if its successful." She said

I sighed in relief. I was so scared he would refuse the surgery again.

"That's good. Well, I'll call you later mom. I'm gonna go to sleep right now."

"Good night!" She ended the call

I laid my phone on the nightstand and turned the lamp off.

**************

(Votes are very much appreciated)
I hope you liked this chapter and have a good day🌸 or (goodnight😪✨)