Chapter 29

Sehun

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my front door. I squinted my eyes from the sunlight shining through the windows and looked around for my clock. What time is it right now? I sighed and got up when I couldn't find it.

A familiar looking man greeted me when I unlocked the door.

"Hello young sir!" He in a cheerful tone

"Sorry, who are you?" I asked

He chuckled a bit then took out his phone. I got ready to slam the door in his face in case he was gonna take a picture of me. Instead he actually showed me a picture, of me standing next to him when I was a little boy.

"Mr. Lee, your dad's mentor." He stuck his hand out

"Ahh, nice to finally meet you." I shook his hand

"I'm here today for your first day of work with me." He smiled with a nod

"Working? I have today off." I said

"Ah, well you'll have to change up your schedule to match mine. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I wanted you to get adjusted to life here a bit before we got started." He informed

"I see, then I'll get ready." I sighed in defeat.

I put on my suit that had been lying on the small chair for about a week now and headed outdoors to Mr. Lee's car.

"You miss your hometown don't you?" He smiled softly

I turned my head to look out the windows and answered him, "Mhm."

"Last time I saw you, you were just a little boy. I can't believe you've grown this much. You're taking over your dad's position soon aren't you? I remember you loved accompanying your father to work back then." He chuckled in a soft tone

"Yeah? I guess things have changed." I answered prickly

"I assumed from the look on your face. I know you've also had a tough time lately." He stated

I scoffed but didn't say anything. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Why is he talking about it if he knows I hate it?

"Well, things will get better sooner or later." He assured me, or at least tried to.

No it won't, I thought

When I came back to my senses, we were already parked in front of the huge building with our company's name on it.

Mr. Lee got the door for me and lead me inside the building. The first floor looked neat, much like the one I worked in back at home.

We got in an elevator and went up to the 21st floor, the top floor. When the elevator door opened we were greeted by a middle aged man that looked around the same age as Mr. Lee.

"Hello Young Mister, good morning to you. The weather seems very good today doesn't it?" He smiled

I looked at his ID that was placed on his left chest. It read -Position: Office Manager

"Oh my apologies. I'm the Office manager in this agency. I would've came to get you but Mr. Lee had offered to go instead. But its a pleasure to meet my boss's son. Ah you look very bright I know you will do great in the future." He smiled cheekily

I was quiet for the whole time. He looked like he was waiting on me to say something but I just looked right back at him. So he awkwardly started talking again.

"Well then, let me take you to the office you will be receiving your training at. I'm sure Mr. Oh would be glad to see his only son finally take over, am I right?" He chuckled

He sure does talk a lot for a person in his position. Also considering that this is the first time I've met him. All that chit chatting of his might lose him his job one day.

We were walking down a wide open hallway that was decorated with a royal blue colored carpet and curtains on each window. I had to admit, the interior caught my eye. The hallway was lit up by the sunlight shining through the windows giving it an even more peaceful look. The only sound was of our shoes tapping the floor with each step. The building was so very quiet.

"Here we are." He stopped and gestured for me to go in

I eyed him before going inside the office. When I walked in, I noticed the door on the right of the room. I guessed that it lead to my office. It was designed a bit like the office back home.

"I'll take it from here you can go back to work." Mr. Lee said

The manager smiled at me before leaving.

"Right this way sir, so we can get started." He gestured to the door waiting for me to go in

I slowly stepped in my office. It was pretty cold inside, and it looked like its been abandoned for a while. I closed the door behind me and sat in one of the chairs. Mr. Lee finished writing something and looked up at me.

"Nobody had used this office except for the boss and his son." He said as if he read my mind

He handed me a file he had been holding onto. He opened the file cabinet behind me and took out more papers.

"Here, I want you to study these charts. There will be a meeting next week about this. I want you to participate and prepare your own ideas. And for the meantime I'll get someone to clean this room nicely for you, so you can just leave for the day now. But take these with you." He said, "I'll have someone send you back home."

****************

Have a good day!!!☀️ (Or goodnight⭐️)