Chapter 30

Victoria

I parked my car and grabbed the papers next to me stuffing them in my bag. I walked towards the building feeling very nervous already.

It was my first day working at the Oh's company. I looked at my paper again to check if I'm going to the right direction. I took a deep breath when I saw the front desk in front of me.

"Excuse me." I smile

The lady looked up and smiled, "How may I help you?"

"Ah, well today's my first day of work here. This is the work ID that I was given." I took out my ID and showed her

"Oh yes, I was expecting you. I'll call someone down here to lead you to the vice chairmans office." She smiled before calling someone through the work phone

I stepped aside and waited patiently. Just a couple seconds later an employee lead me up to the office I'll be working in.

I admired the place as I followed him throughout the building. This is exactly how I imagined it'll look like. Huge difference between this company and companies like my family's.

"Right here." He stopped before a room

I took a deep breath before walking in, "Hello." I greeted

A middle aged man greeted me back. He pointed at the chair in front of the desk for me to sit on.

"Well now Miss Song lets not waste any time and lets get you started and ready for work." He said

"Yes sir."

Mr. Oh

"How are you doing?" She asked

"Much better." I replied

I sat up but it still hurt, especially since its been only a couple days since the surgery. I sat back down when it finally hurt too much.

"Should I get the doctor?" She asked

"No I'm alright, but how is Sehun doing? Did you talk to him?" I asked

"Yes, I even told him that you decided to do the surgery." She smiled

"Thank you." I smiled

She nodded her head and kept smiling.

"What about the girl?" I suddenly asked

"She's holding up pretty well. I hired her for a temporary job at the company." She chuckled

"I see, that's a good idea. It'll serve as training for her for the future."

"Her parents don't expect her to take over. She's just doing this for herself, she's a free girl." She sighed

I sighed and looked away, knowing she's still upset with me. I only want whatever is best for Sehun, I've never had ill intentions. He's my son, I wouldn't have done all this if it wasn't for him.

"You get some rest, I'll be leaving right now. I still have work to catch up on." She waved and left the hospital room

I looked out the window and tried to sit up one more time, but I failed to do so again when the pain became too much. I guess I'll just lie down for now.

I sighed looking out the window, I hope you're doing well Sehun.

'Knock knock'

"You can come in." I called

"Excuse me for disturbing you, congratulations on the successful surgery." The doctor started

I nodded and tried to sit up. I winced in pain but I ignored it and sat up.

"The results after this surgery are looking good. We managed to pull through this. But after you're all better, there are things we need to discuss. I wont bother your resting time right now. Just signs these papers and I'll be on my way." He handed me a piece of paper and pen

I signed it and returned it. He grabbed it and left the room. I laid back down and looked out the window.

Deep down I knew that I would never be healthy again. But I still like to think that soon I'll be walking around without a worry in the world. I like to think that I'd be able to see my son succeed the company, have kids of his own, live happily and comfortably.

The heavy feeling in my heart told me that I wasn't ready to leave just yet.

Sehun

'Oh Sehun's lover spotted with another man'

I grabbed the magazine and ripped it up and threw it in the garbage. I stared at it for a short while. I could still see Victoria's angelic face. I picked it up and looked at it closely.

I hadn't realized that I was smiling till Mr. Lee's assistant walked in. I quickly threw the picture away and sat back down on my chair.

"Don't send me any more of these articles. And take these papers, they're all finished." I told her

She grabbed them and walked out. I leaned back in my chair and sighed, rubbing my eyes.

***************

The microwave's beep brought me back to reality. I was too lost in thought over the article. I looked at my phone again one last time to make sure I wasn't imagining.

Yes, it was definitely Kai. I grit my teeth feeling my heart sink. I know I told her to move on, but I didn't think it would be so fast. And especially with Kai, she knows how I feel about him.

I sighed realizing that I was acting ridiculous. I'll be happy as long as she is. And if Kai makes her happy, then... I'm happy for them both.

******************

Hello everyone👋 I hope you all well💕 make sure to stay safe!

Welp, have a good day or goodnight😆❤️