Chapter 18

Victoria

I tried to sit down quietly but my anxiety got the best of me. My legs started shaking so I shot up. Everyone around looked at me.

I cleared my throat, "I'm gonna have to excuse myself as well." I said and walked out the door

As soon as I stepped out, the tears that I had been holding back started spilling. I tried to keep my sobbing back as well. I thought I was ready for this but I guess not, especially not so soon.

I'm not ready for all the changes in my life to come all at once. I'm not ready to deal with any business. I'm not ready to be looked at differently by everyone. I'm not ready to be under the public's eye. I'm not ready to be anyone's wife. I'm not even ready to start any type of relationship.

I crouched on the grass and let out everything I had kept inside. It felt humiliating, what am I crying about? Is it that I'm going to get married to someone who doesn't hold any sort of love for me? No that wasn't it. It was the fact that my own parents sat there like it was nothing and didn't try to stop any of this from happening to me.

"Hey." A voice called out

I looked up to see Sehun standing in front of me.

"Don't sit on the grass its wet, you'll get your pants dirty. Come on get up." He said while looking the other way

I wiped my tears and got up. He finally turned to look at me but I turned around quickly to hide my red eyes and wet cheeks. He sighed and patted my head awkwardly.

"If it makes you feel better, you're not alone." He said

"Yeah no duh." I chuckled lightly

"I mean since its partly my fault, you can let out everything to me" He said

"Thanks." I smiled

"Alright lets go inside. You can wash your face and eat something too." He said

"I think I'm gonna stay out here for a bit." I said

"Alright then, come in whenever you're good." He nodded

I smiled while nodding my head. As soon as he walked in I let out a shaky breath. It's gonna be fine, everything will be alright, I assured myself.

I cleared my throat and took in a deep breath then slowly let it out. I turned around and held the door knob for a while thinking if I should go in yet or not.

I finally twisted the knob and walked in. I peeked in the living room to find no one sitting there except Sehun. I walked in confused.

"Where is everyone?" I asked

"Dunno, probably left to do whatever it is they do. Anyways I asked the cook to serve some food." He said

I sat down timidly on the couch on the opposite side of Sehun. I got more comfortable as time went by. I leaned back and watched the tv as well.

"So, where do you wanna go for the honeymoon?" He asked

My heart skipped a beat when I heard that. Just what is he talking about.

"You're actually serious?" I asked feeling flustered

"Might as well make the most of it." He answered

"I guess so. I don't mind going anywhere." I answered

"We have to wait till the semester is done so we can travel though. We can think of our trip as a reward for our hard work." He said

I nodded and started drowning in my thoughts. What will my friends say when they find out that I've been keeping this major secret from them. I shook the thoughts out of my head.

"The food is served in the dining room."

Both Sehun and I got up at the same time and headed towards the dining room. I sat in the chair across from him. I picked up my utensils and started eating. I quickly ate my food considering the tension in this house after all that happened.

"Hey I really have to go home now. Is it okay if your chauffeur drives me home?" I asked

"I'll send you home, I don't want to disturb him at this time," said Sehun as he stood up, "let's go."

I followed him out to his car. He was surprisingly taking this early marriage thing pretty well.

"Make sure to tell your parents that you're at home." He said as he started his car

I looked at him as he was driving. He looked different than usual. Maybe even a bit cooler? I shook my head and looked straight ahead before any other weird thoughts pop up.

I awkwardly cleared my throat and looked out the window. I glanced back at him for a second just to see that he had glanced at me at the same time. My heart skipped a beat as I quickly turned away. I sank in the car seat feeling my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

After texting my parents that I was home I looked up and saw the car pulling up at my house. I put my phone away and got out. I took out my keys as I made my way to the front door when suddenly,

"Hey wait!" I saw Sehun walking towards me

"What is it?" I asked

"Are you busy this weekend?" He suddenly asked

I froze in my spot as I stared at him. I looked away and cleared my throat but stayed quiet. I scratched the back of my head and glanced at him for a second, curious about his facial expressions. When I saw that he was still looking at me I quickly looked away not wanting to keep the eye contact.

"Are you just gonna ignore me?" He sighed

"No! Sorry I was just flustered. It wasn't something I was expecting." I mumbled the last part

"So? Yes or no?" He asked

"Uh, no I don't think I'm busy. I'll have to double check though." I answered while looking down

"Alright then, double check and let me know. I'll be waiting for your text." He said before making his way back to his car

***************

Hi, Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter 💜

Have a good day or goodnight 🎈