Chapter 8

I won't be doing the codes anymore. I think you get the point :P

Your POV

Katelyn slammed a heavy packet of paper onto my desk and smiled brightly.

"Katelyn! I was drawing!" I whined, pulling my sketchbook from underneath the packet.

"Y/N! I wrote a play! Well, a redact of it, at least! And I was wondering... well... couldyoupleasebeBelleyourvoiceissoprettypleaseIwilldoanythingjustpleaseplaythisrole." She said the last part extremely fast, rocking on her heels and bouncing excitedly.

I blinked my eyes in confusion. "English please." Katelyn sighed and repeated her sentence. "I was wondering if you could please play Belle in my play! You have a gorgeous singing voice!"

"Belle?" I repeated and looked at the front cover of the heavy packet where in large bold letters said "La Belle et la Bête." I turned to Katelyn with the packet in my hand. "You did a revise of Beauty and the Beast? And you want me to be Belle. The main character. Singing. In front of thousands of people." Katelyn nodded, grinning from ear to ear.

"Alright, I'm down." I said, shrugging. Katelyn squealed. "And guess what! I've already asked around for other characters and all of them are on the second page so you know who is who." said Katelyn, turning the cover of the packet over and pointing to a long list of characters. "This is the biggest play I've written, and I got a few people around town I know to participate and people from my Drama School!"

"Katelyn that's great! But, wouldn't you want a professional to play the lead role other than someone who has zero experience in acting?" I asked her.

 Katelyn scoffed. "Nah. They would want too much money and I don't want to be overly famous. Even if it were someone at my school, I still would rather you over them. And besides, you took Drama with Kacey in highschool!"

"Katelyn, that was years ago! I hardly remember anything!" I argued, but Katelyn stayed defiant and continued to tell me that I was "Perfect for the role!" and "Have an outstanding singing voice!" After bickering for a bit, I sighed and told her that if I was going to be Belle, I needed to start rehearsing. Before Katelyn left, she told me that I have costume fitting tomorrow with Kawaii~Chan and to meet the cast.

I sat back down at my desk chair and read over the cast, a lot of people who I already knew were in it.:

Belle- Y/N

Beast/ Prince Adam- Garroth (I coughed and read that three times)

Gaston- Aaron (Made sense. The muscles I mean.)

LeFou- Martin (I had no idea who this was.)

Maurice- Eric (Ooh! Kacey and Katelyn's dad!)

Lumière- Laurance (Does he have a good French accent?)

Cogsworth- Zane (How?)

Mrs. Potts- Aphmau (I can see it.)

And the list went on and on, including major and minor background characters. I read back over it and imagined Garroth as the Beast and laughed. He did have the deep raspy voice for it, but if this was supposed to be a musical, I hope he has the voice to sing. Katelyn said that all the servant furniture will be puppets that backstage will manage from above.

I was excited to be in the play, but kind of scared because I have never been in a play before. When I was in drama in High School, I worked as backstage and stage crew creating sets and painting backgrounds.

I read over the script which took about three hours. I knew every song by heart already, and judging by the script, Katelyn seemed to have mashed the original book, animated movie, and the live action movie all together. All of the new songs were there, which I was very excited to sing and to listen to others sing.