Chapter 17

Your POV

I woke up in a bedroom. A soft quilt was tucked over me, warming me from the frigid winter air coming from an open window. I looked around, trying to keep myself from panicking. This wasn't MyStreet, and this most certainly wasn't my jail cell. I sat up quickly, heart thundering in my chest. I immediately regretted it as I was bombarded with horrific soreness. I gasped and clutched my chest. It hurt to even breathe. 

"Get up," I hissed to myself. "Get up."

The wooden floor was cold, sending chills up my spine. My feet stung slightly. When I looked down, the legs of my prison suit were singed at the ends and bright pink skin was spotted all over my feet. I know I burn scar when I see one. I just didn't know how on Earth I had gotten them. I sucked in a deep breath to block out the pain in my chest and feet. I had no time to worry about that. I had to figure out where I am and how to get out of here! I quietly and painfully walked towards the window and peered out. My heart instantly dropped. I was in a log cabin on a mountainside in the middle of a foresty, wintery, nowhere. I sucked in deep breaths, the winter air chilling my throat. How did I even get here? The last thing I remember is sitting on my bed back in my jail cell. I had a horrible feeling I was very far away.

I staggered backward and looked around my room, clueless. I haven't seen my reflection since I first went to jail, so when I spotted the vanity mirror, I charged towards it eagerly. 

And I look horrible.

My cheeks and eyes are sunken from lack of nutrition and exercise and sleep, and my hair is matted and tangled, pulled back into a week-long bun with stray hairs flying everywhere. My prison suit is dirty and scratchy. I once had long, sharp nails, but now all I have are stubs, nails not even long enough that they pass the tip of my fingers. Around them, my skin was bloodied and chewed from endless nights of worry and stress. I winced at myself. I have never looked so horrible. Though something was different about me. It took me a moment to realize it, but as I peered closer to the mirror, I noticed my eyes were mine again.

My normal, E/C eyes!

I almost lept in joy if it weren't for the fact I was just kidnapped and brought to a strange place. I smiled shakily at myself, attempting to fill myself with determination and bravery, even though it was a lie. I was absolutely terrified of what could happen to me. I walked around the bedroom. There were two doors in the room. One straight across from the bed and another on the bed's left. The left door leads to a small bathroom-closet. 

I was reluctant to do so, but all I could do now is try the door across from the bed. I walked towards it but stopped abruptly in my tracks as my ears were filled with the sound of another pair of footsteps -- two more pairs following I realized after a moment -- and they were all heading towards my door. My heart began to race. My kidnappers were finally coming back to kill me, or worse. Death would be forgiveness. They could do much worse than ending my twisted, upside-down life.

I wobbled backwards away from the door until I hit the foot of my bed. The footsteps were coming closer and closer before finally halting in front of my door. I held my breath, heart thundering. The click of a lock and jangle of keys rang out. A second later, the handle jolted, unlocking. I clenched onto the quilt behind me, using it to squeeze out as many nerves as possible and to keep me from passing out. It hurt my fingers, but I didn't care. The door swung open to reveal three figures: A tall werewolf with eyes of steel and arms crossed over his chest, and an eerily gorgeous woman. Her face, however, was covered with the shadow and fabric of her hood. Auburn hair spilled out of it in two braids. She was taller than the werewolf, wearing a billowing dress of metal and black. Behind them, a Meif'Wa girl with lavender hair stood in a knee-length white sheet dress and a singular metal cuff around her ankle. An emerald rested in the metal, its glow pulsating.