Chapter 21

a/n: heyy im back! :3

~~~~~

Your POV

It's midnight now. Or at least, I think it is.

I was sitting on my windowsill, breathing in the freezing winter air, my eyes not leaving the starry sky. I would think this was all beautiful if I wasn't just kidnapped by a bunch of psychos and shoved into their hideaway.

My eyes watched the moon, but my thoughts wandered. I wondered if any of my friends were looking for me. Not that they would want to. Not after what happened. I'm being hunted down at this very moment, I'm sure. Maybe I am much safer here than I thought.

My fists curled around the soft fabric of my nightgown, and I winced at the strain in my still-healing hand where the bullet went through. I can't keep distracting myself. I need to get out of here. I need to get Michi and Tatiana out of here. We all need to leave and start our lives over again and forget all of this horrible stuff.

I can't believe it has already been months since all of that happened. All of that bloodshed. All of that torture. Though, granted, I had spent most of that time in jail while the voice in my head promised an escape, and escape we did, in the most glorious way possible. And look where that got me. Trapped here with the Emerald-Eye woman and Ein.

Speaking of which, I could hear the two of them moving around downstairs, their voices smothered by the walls and floors. They have been talking for well over an hour, joined by a third voice I have never heard before. I don't know who it is or what they are talking about. I have gone to the door at least five times in the past hour wanting so badly to sneak out of my room and listen, but as soon as my hand gripped the handle, I panicked and went to go watch the moon again.

Huffing, I stood and marched to the door yet again. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. My hand snaked around the handle and my heart began to accelerate. Open the door. Open the door. Open the door. I turned the handle, my ears heating up with nerves and palms sweating. I slowly cracked the door open inch by inch. Once the opening was wide enough for me to slip through, I left my room and let out a quiet sigh of relief. I slowly lowered myself to my stomach and stayed in the shadows as I peered through the balcony onto the lower floor. The Emerald-Eye woman and Ein were sitting across each other on the couches in the living room, a swirling green orb floating between them.

"They have been at the lodge for about an hour now..." a distorted voice said. I quickly realized it was the orb, glowing with every word spoken.

"When should we send in the wolves?" Ein hissed.

The orb spoke again. "Wait until tomorrow. Let them settle in for the night, we need not scare them off. However, they will be needing supplies eventually. I want you to send Michi into the village that rests nearby and have her alter the memories of the people with a potion to make them believe she has lived there with them for a while. Once they are in town, have Michi alert Tatania. She can then make a move for the lodge."

I tried my hardest to keep my breathing from becoming audible, but all of this information was most likely extremely classified between the ominous trio. Not to mention, concerning and scary. What were they planning on doing to these people in this "lodge?"

"Are you sure that they will go to the town?" Ein asked.

"Positive. Have trust in your Master, Ein," the orb stated. "Now, as for Y/N..."

My breath hitched. This is it. I'm about to find out why I'm here. Why I was kidnapped. Why I'm considered so special to that hooded woman.

"When are you going to fulfill your plan, Ena? You only have a couple weeks left...," the orb tutted, glowing menacingly. My heart nearly gave out on me. Did I hear him right? I'm sure he had just said Ena... The lost girl, the name bestowed upon me, everything that caused all of this drama.