Chapter 14

Your POV

It's been a week.

A week of horrible nightmares.

A week of fury and wrath so strong it could burn down a village.

A week of assumptions and accusations.

A week of pure chaos. 

My hand shakily scribbled in my notebook, taking down whatever I could remember of the attacks. I've started to black out when I start to become... not me. It's like I'm possessed. Its like I become a monster.

We've been secluded in our homes. We haven't dared to leave. Garroth, Zane, and Laurence have locked themselves in their rooms. They come out for an hour a day to get food and use the bathroom and such. Aphmau and I have been doing the same.

I jolted as a violent, bloodcurdling scream erupted through my house. Aphmau was having another attack. My fist curled around my pen and I fought the urge to charge into her room and comfort her.

Aphmau seems to be really affected by this curse. I can hear her footsteps pacing at night, her talking to herself and horrible screaming. I want to check on her. I want to BE there for her, but I can't. We can't be by each other. Everyone's curses act like a magnet of some sort... or an amplifier. We all realized this when we all decided to meet back up at Lucinda's house and we began to fight each other at the sight of one another. It was like pure hate and evil had corrupted us and forced us to hurt each other. I can only remember the strong urge to kill and hurt. Nothing else. We snapped out of it after some blood was drawn (I had woken up with Laurance on top of me, his hands around my neck), and then Lucinda told us that our curses were like "chemical reactions to one another." She told us to go home right after and to stay far apart from each other. 

Heavy sobbing replaced the screaming. My heart jolted and tears stung at my own eyes.

Everyone has been notified of our condition, and though they seem like they are worried about us, I believe they are actually terrified. I don't blame them either. If I saw possessed people with creepy glowing-green eyes, I'd be scared as well.

 A horrible headache came over me, signaling me of the start of another attack. No! Not now, please!

I'm feeling another wave of the curse coming on... I'll-

My breath hitched and nausea washed over me. Another sign.

-write later.

 I ran to my mirror.

My eyes, now red and teary, began to glow a sickly emerald green. I grimaced and clutched my head in pain as the migraine began to take over. My nails tore at my skin as I screamed in pain. It felt like my eyes were burning. It felt like my head was going to explode. Heaving, I gripped onto the mirror to watch in horror as the irises of my eyes pulsated a bright green and finally, right as my head felt like it was going to shatter, white blinded me, blocking my vision as I passed out from the horrible pain and the curse taking over my body. 

I fell, hitting hard onto my bedroom floor as I entered the realm of nightmares. 

~~~~~

Aphmau's POV

I was curled up tight to my pillow, imagining it was Aaron. In my heart, we both were home and safe and cuddling while binge-watching Netflix. But in my head, fear rippled through me, mashing my brain with horrific thoughts. Sweat dribbled down my spine as I squeezed my eyes shut tighter. The pillow was beginning to tear beneath my grip.