Chapter 11: A friend

Blair's POV

The next day, I was at school, at my locker. I was taking the stuff I needed for the day.

"Hey Blair."

I didn't respond nor turn around. I really wanted to, but I couldn't. I had to think about Willow.

"Blair?"

Keep minding my own business, just ignore her. I thought. She'll go away on her own.

"Blair, hello?" Rachel said as she pulled at my arm, trying to get my attention. She really didn't give up.

I turned around and did my best to keep a straight face.

"Finally." She showed me a small smile, but I could see she was wondering what was going on with me. She must have noticed I acted differently than yesterday evening, during our date. Well, date... You know what I mean. "Didn't you hear me?"

I blinked. I actually didn't know how to behave to her now. "I did."

At this Rachel gave me a look. I knew she must be so confused. "Right..."

"What do you want?"

She seemed taken back by my behavior. "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the movies with me."

I looked down. "Why would I want that?" Ok, this is way harder than I had expected.

"Because it's the movie of that book."

I looked up at her, she was smiling at me.

"I know you want to, and I'd love to go see it with you."

I slowly smiled at her, I couldn't help it. She had something... Something that made me happy when she was near. "R-really?"

She nodded, smiling. "Yeah. So please, will you go with me?" She stood there, hands together.

"Hmm..." I looked away, pretending to think.

"Please, please, please." She went on her knees, begging. "Pretty, pretty please."

I laughed at that sight. "Only because you're asking so nicely."

"Yay!" She stood up and hugged me, tight. "I have the best company for the movies." She wrapped an arm around my shoulders and dragged me to class.

____________________________

Rachel and me had so much fun, she stayed with me during all classes, and I felt good. I felt wanted. I felt, I felt like I belonged now. Finally.

Finally I had someone, a friend. I couldn't believe it.

Seeing Rachel walk next to me, laughing. She made my days better, she made me forget about the pain and sadness inside me. She made me forget all those previous stupid ideas I had. She did that, just by being here, with me.

"So, I'll pick you up at 7?"

I put away my stuff in my locker. "Yeah," I closed it. "Sounds good."

Rachel showed me one of her glorious smiles. "I can't wait, I'm so excited!"

"Me too." I smiled. See, I smiled more. All because of her.

"I wonder if they'll deviate from the book or not."

We walked to the parking lot. "Usually that's the case."

Rachel nodded. "I hope not, in this case."

I nodded. "Same."

Suddenly I heard a familiar horn. I looked up and saw Luke in the car, he was looking at me. Rachel looked from him to me. "So, I'll see you tonight."