Chapter 49: Don't leave me

Blair's POV

After a couple of minutes, Rachel and me went downstairs. Rachel walked me to the dining table, where I went to sit down in front of my parents.

Rachel looked at them, then at Luke. "I'm going to stay away, for a few days."

Mom nodded. "That's maybe for the best."

Luke huffed. He was leaning on the counter, arms crossed. His feelings must indeed be pretty hurt.

Rachel looked at me. "Call me whenever you want."

"She's not allowed to have her phone." mom said, making Rachel look at her.

"How can she reach me then?"

Mom shrugged. "It's best you stay away, for now."

Rachel gulped. She looked at me. "I'm always here for you, ok?"

I nodded but looked down, I felt as if I lost her. In some way. And I hated this feeling. I knew that once she was gone, all hell would break loose here.

She leaned in and kissed my head, slowly. "I love you." she said, not caring about what my parents or Luke would react.

I looked at her, and saw her smiling. I smiled a little as well. "I love you too."

She kissed my forehead again and then got up. She waved at everyone before leaving the house. When she was gone, Luke walked to me.

"How dare you?"

"Luke!" Mom stopped him this time. "Sit down."

Luke groaned and went to sit down.

Mom leaned in closer. "We came back here with the hope of getting our family back on tracks. We wanted Blair to feel good again, and Luke to take care of his sister."

Luke looked away while I looked down. I felt like, ever since mom and dad came home, everything went downhill. And I don't know why.

"We're sad that this didn't work. Things seem to fall apart even more." Mom sighed, taking dad's hand in hers. "We want to help you two, unfortunately our break's almost over."

At this both Luke and me looked up. "So you're leaving?" Luke asked, surprised.

Mom nodded. "We're leaving tomorrow."

"But we can't leave if you two won't talk to each other." Dad leaned in. "You two need each other, you're family."

"Family doesn't betray you like that." Luke groaned, looking away. "I trusted Blair and Rachel, and they broke that trust."

I looked down. "I'm sorry, Luke. It was stronger than us."

"Oh please." He looked at me now. "You knew very well what you were doing." He shook his head, looking away for a brief moment before looking at me again. "What does Willow say about this?"

I looked at him before looking down. I shrugged. "I wouldn't know, I haven't seen her in a while." I sighed deeply. "I miss her."

"Blair," Mom reached for my hands. "When we're gone, we hope you'll keep following the rules we set up."

I looked at her and dad. "But Willow means the world to me."

"She's dangerous." Luke suddenly said. "She made you hurt yourself." He fidgeted with his fingers. "That's not right."

Mom nodded. "We trust you to stay away from her." She then looked at Luke. "We trust you to take care of your sister."

Luke sighed deeply but slowly nodded, something I didn't think he'd do. "I will." He looked at me. "I always will."

I blinked a few times. Was he calming down? Or was this a facade for our parents? "I will take care of you too, Luke."

Mom and dad smiled at that. "That's how it should be."

"Yep," Luke looked from me to mom and dad. "So, when will you leave?"

"Tomorrow afternoon, probably."

He nodded. "Ok," He got up. "I'll watch Blair then, don't worry."

They smiled. "Thank you." They looked at each other, before looking at Luke. "Luke, we're going out tonight for a dinner. Will you watch Blair then?"

Luke nodded, but didn't say anything.

"Good," Mom got up. "I suppose we're done here."

Luke nodded and got up, he walked to the front door. "I'll be back later on." Then he just left. He was free.

I looked at mom and dad. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok," Dad caressed my hands. "Let's put this behind us now."

I nodded.

___________________________

Later that evening mom and dad had to leave for their dinner date. Dad and me were playing a game, but had to stop halfway. I told dad I'd clean the table so he could get changed.

While I was doing that, mom was watching me. Why? Because there were tiny game pieces in the game. She was probably afraid I'd do something with them.

Suddenly Luke came home.

"Luke, finally!" Mom sighed relieved. Again, that shows she doesn't trust me alone anymore. "We were almost going to leave."

"I know," Luke put his hands in his pockets. "I'm here now."

Mom nodded. "Good." She looked at me. "Are you almost done?"

I nodded and put the game away. "I am."

"Good," She then looked upstairs. "Honey?"

"I'm coming." Dad came down the stairs, he was dressed nicely in a suit and tie. He smiled at mom, then walked to me. "We'll play that game tomorrow, ok?"

I nodded. "I'll beat you."

He smiled. "We'll see." He kissed my head and then walked to mom. "Ready to go."

She nodded and looked at us. "Watch each other."

We both nodded and that's when they left. I looked at Luke, who was still standing there, hands in his pocket. "What shall we do?"

He didn't answer me, he just stood there.

"Luke?"

He looked at me, then he walked to the tv. He took the remote and flicked through some channels.

I sighed and went to sit down next to him.

We were watching tv for half an hour. After that, Luke got up. He turned off the tv and walked to the front door.

I got up as well and followed him. "Where are you going? We're supposed to stay here."

He shook his head while looking for his keys. "You are supposed to stay here, not me." He took his keys and then opened the front door. 

"Luke, don't do this. Mom and dad will - "

"They what? Do they really expect me to watch you, a teenage girl? You're old enough to watch yourself."

"Luke, please. Don't be this way." I reached for his hand but he pushed me away.

"I don't want to be your security guard for the rest of my life." He groaned. "I'm sick and tired of hoping that you don't do things to yourself." He let out a breath. "If you don't want this, then who am I to stop you." He then went out and closed the door, leaving me alone in the house.