BULTAOREUNE. FIRRREEE

The house was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.

I had absolutely no fucking idea as to what I did, but I certainly did something to piss off the neighbours, or else this wouldn't be happening. I'd still be indoors, enjoying a nice gaming binge or supernatural marathon, or even just silently sitting there, watching K-pop MV's and crying over how hot Korean men have ruined my life.

I was just out for not even half an hour,  just a quick run for groceries. When I made my way back to my house, I was just in time to see a small bunch of teenagers - about 15, judging from the acne and lanky figures - running away after throwing a lit match onto my garden. It caught on fire, obviously, and as the red flames slowly grew taller and licked at the building, I sprang into action.

My first thought wasn't to call the fire brigade, or even to scream and freeze up. instead, after I swore the shit out of those kids with words I didn't even know I knew and a voice so husky it could rival Taehyung's, I pelted myself with the hose and ran inside the house.

I dropped the groceries outside on the pathway on my way inside, and immediately ran into my room, grabbing a large bag and stuffed as much merch as I could inside, threw the bag out the window with practiced ease, grabbed another bag, and repeated with all my tech, art supplies, books; basically everything important. Including that hoodie that is pretty much a second skin.

I had no idea I owned so many bags, to be honest.

I could hear the sound of sirens through the screams and crackling of the fire, and I gave a sigh of relief.

The neighbours must have called the fire brigade.

It was only now that I noticed the flames making its way towards my skin, giving it angry red burns. My brain gave a signal to leave this burning corpse of a house and stop getting hurt, stat, so I ran with the grace of BTS in heels and into the smoke engulfed front yard, managing to collect all my bags on one arm and the groceries on the other. They were obviously heavy, but it's no match for the sheer willpower of a fangirl. Plus, can you expect to carry tons of books from the shops all around the place and not end up with at least some muscle?

a while after, the flames finally chilled and died down. I was scolded by so many people for running into the house, but I knew the few fangirls would understand. I mean, I couldn't just leave my babies to burn to death, right? The firemen shipped me off to the nearest hospital for a checkup on my burns, and it was quite awkward having to explain that I only got those because I ran into a blazing flame to rescue some precious items.

---some time later---

"you're gonna need a place to stay while you get your house cleaned up. do you have any friends to stay at?" a woman from the insurance company asked.

"yeah,  i can probably crash at Riley's place for a while, but how long is this gonna take?" I asked, awkwardly clutching my headphones.

" generally speaking, a house at this state should take no more than 2 months."

"...okay..." I tried to hide my disappointment, but it didn't work very well. 2 months, away from my home base, without the comfort of being in my own home?? seriously.

--- skip to phone call ---

"Riley?? why the fucking fuck can't I stay over??? your house has like 10 spare rooms and a square acre of unoccupied space??"

"awh, don't exaggerate, dal. I've got nowhere near as much free space. It's been really busy, so why cant you just crash at Klaus's? His house is massive."

"bruh, that means living with 3 guys. bit of a harem, wouldn't you say?"

"but I'm a guy, and you've had no problems with that. What's the problem with Klaus and the others?"

"Well you're gay AF so there's no reason to be afraid, but klaus's household is a giant mystery."

"Okay. You're just gonna have to unveil the mysteries. I'll go call klaus, come to my place, he'll be here in 20. Byeee." And like that, Riley just hung up on me.

I silently swore and murdered 10 people in my mind palace. "The game is on, jackass."

----------------------------
Whoops kpop phase how did this happen my life is being ruled by hot sparkly Korean boy bands ahaha

Btw it's spring break rn, but the next update will be on the first week of term, since I update every fortnight.