the matchmaker strikes again

Riley's POV~

I never expected something like this to happen...

I cannot believe my luck. Thank you so much, fire, for giving me a chance to dump (Y/N) with the boys.

Riley was absolutely ecstatic. Oh, how the tables have turned. Little (Y/N), too busy obsessing over K-pop idols and celebrities, too busy dabbling in an intense daily workout of lying on the couch and probably dark magic, and too busy mentally dating fictional characters to even bother finding love, moving in with the man that is the one and only. How beautiful. What a classic modern love story.

This means that phase one is complete.

The amount of effort put into this marvelous and intricate plan to let the ship sail could even rival the amount of work (Y/N) has put to stalk multiple k-pop idols. And that's saying something. 

Riley found himself humming a happy little tune as he decided to go for a small walk around the town to celebrate this great occasion. He would soon go and visit the large house where (Y/N) is playing out her love story in, right after he had afternoon tea at one of the many cafes in this nice little town.

***

"One latte with caramel and vanilla, and a strawberry cheesecake please~" after Riley had put in his order, he took the number plate thingy and sat down at a table near the window. He pulled out his laptop and began updating 'the journal'

He spent a rather long time in that cafe, even long after his food arrived and was eaten. Riley wrote down the passages of text with such intricate detail and proofed it so may times, making sure to not even missing a single point.

If you were to read that meticulously kept journal, even the most unimaginative minds would not have trouble visualizing everything, from the clouds in the sky to the hairstyle of the people. It was simply a habit, to take everything in.

It's not easy remembering everything that happens while being a supporting character in multiple books, even if the author changes your name and personality with each story. It's why he has a massive basement which he is able to carry everywhere, to store allll those journals from over the years, even before the author thought of him.

Riley shut his laptop and left a tip on the table. He walked out of the cafe only to find that it was already dusk, the cool air whipping up leaves from the sidewalk.

"ah... I guess I'll go visit tomorrow." He saw that a general store was still open, and took the chance to have a look. " since I have the time, I'll bake (Y/N) a pie to apologize for dumping her there without explanation."

***

"(Y/N)~ How're you doing?" Riley was on the phone with (Y/N), humming a tune while creating the masterpiece known as pie.

"yeah, I'm doing better than I thought. Oliver's made me some tea and I'm just hanging in their library."

"They have a library? wow! good for you."

"Yup. It's bloody massive." Even though Riley couldn't see (Y/N), he knew that she's be smiling right about now. "I freaking love it. There's enough books to entertain me for a century!"

"aha. Guess you're having fun then. I'm baking you a pie to apologize for just dumping you there, just so you know."

"you are?" (Y/N) exclaimed. " well, it'd better be tasty, or I'll personally make sure you never sleep again."

"pff. Of course! Now when is my food not at the very least decent?"

"Always, obviously. Anyways, I want to find a book and sit down before the tea gets cold. I'll catch you later."

"Sure. See you!"

The author stepped into Riley's place shortly after he hung up.

"It would seem that (Y/n) hasn't tried the tea yet, eh?" she said with a devilish grin.

"no? why?" He seemed confused, but that was to be expected. The author hasn't let him in on her plans, after all.

"oh?" the devilish grin changed into an innocent nochu smile. "nothing~ nothing at all~"

Riley knew that he wouldn't be able to get any information at all, and so he simply sighed and changed the subject.

"well, what brings your humble self to grace me with your presence?"

"I couldn't think of anything else to write in this chapter, so I'm adding a kind of bonus thing to up the word count."

"wow. How blunt."

" I know right? My imagination is limited, you know. I'm like a sponge, dry and useless without the help of something else."

"pff. As if. Don't you remember that time when y-"

"okey dokey! please look forward to next fortnights chapter! it'll be (slightly not really) more eventful!"