the start of every otome ever

Klaus showed me to the spare bedroom, as well as gave me a brief tour of this overly massive mansion. It gave off a vibe that kinda reminded me of those vintage houses from the 1800s, although the interior seemed much more modern, with gaming consoles and flat-screen TVs and - much to my surprise - a large library. Perhaps I may even come across a hidden chamber after pulling out that one specific untitled book. Everything about this place was simply magnificent.

after returning to my temporary room, I dumped the luggage everywhere, creating a more homey feeling from this empty shell of a place. Despite not being used for a while, the room was still in great condition. the white paint hasn't gone off at all, the windows were cobweb free, and only a bare minimum of dust could be seen.

Okay for starters this room is cleaner and better kept than my own. How in the name of crumpets do they haul their asses up to clean...??

Klaus's room was closest to mine. Matthieu, Allen, and Oliver were at different parts of the house, although I could still easily reach them if I really needed to do so.

"thanks for the tour, call me when its time for dinner"

"actually, there's no set time for meals... Just eat whatever and whenever."

"oh. Alright then, that's absolutely not a problem. Anything else I should know?"

"ah, yes. Be careful around cupcakes. There's no telling whether it's one of Oliver's special recipes or just a normal cupcake. Apart from that, everything should be pretty easy to figure out."

"okay. I'll give you a holler if I'm desperately in need of something."

"yep. bye."

I quietly shut the door behind me and sat on the large double bed, contemplating about life.

Ha. This is the start of every otome game ever. moving in with guys. Wow. Do I have to earn likeability points now? Who's route should I pick?

I suddenly remembered this household's magnificent library and thought it would be an interesting place to hang out for a while. There was no rule against food or drinks, so I proceeded to brew myself a pot of tea and grab some snacks. It was in the kitchen where I met Oliver for the first time.

Klaus already gave me a brief description of him, so I could recognise Oliver since I haven't met him yet. That insane British guy, he had told me. That insane neon British guy with the pre-pubescent girly voice and magical cupcake portal.

His eyes sparkled even without a light source, and I found those pink swirls ever so fascinating. I was aware of something called heterochromia, a condition where the iris is of 2 different colours, however I have never actually seen it up close in real life. He also had such soft looking pinkish blonde hair, and those eyebrows are seriously so... wow.

"Hello poppet! Are you here for something?"

Oliver sounded rather British, although I had no idea which of the fifty British accents his belonged to. His voice was also much higher than I imagined, although it didn't seem out of place with his vampire-like forever youthful appearance. It was as if he hasn't aged since decades ago.

"yes, I was going to brew myself some tea before popping to the library."

"ah, we finally have a sophisticated lady in the house! the boys don't really drink tea, so the selection isn't great. I prefer to create my own blends!"

"really? If you don't mind, could I possibly try some of your blends?"

For a split second, I could've sworn I saw an insane grin bubbling up, but when I looked again, Oliver's face showed surprise rather than insanity.

"are you sure, poppet? People often say my tea is not to their favour."

"it's fine, I enjoy experimenting with different tastes. and even if it sucks, I'm not gonna be a dick about it."

"alright then! hop outside while I get it done. This is my secret recipe, but it won't be a secret if everyone knows, right?" Oliver began ushering me out with an innocent smile. I

"m'kay, call me when it's done."  I popped out of the kitchen and began wandering around the hallways, looking at the rooms and studying the decor. It was a habit. My non-imaginative mind loved to suck up all the creative things like a sponge to make up for what it lacks. it's really so interesting how different minds can work so differently yet similarly at the same time.

a while had passed, and I thought it'd be best to head back to the kitchen. just in case the tea's finished brewing and I didn't hear Oliver.

"poppet~ your tea's finished!" turns out I was just on time. How lucky. Oliver had already arranged everything on a tray to make transportation easier, and he even threw in some satisfying, delicious looking desserts.

"thank you so much! this looked very delicious!"

Oh, how wrong I was.

_________________________________

oh man holy shit (hopefully someone got the reference... no? hint: BTS :DDDD) school starts tomorrow bye I'm dead

i typed most of this today, so it's a bit awkward and not thought out. anyhoo, hope you enjoyed! see you next fortnight ^^