vi. death incarnate

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹: 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     HATRED FLOWS THROUGH ME and I feel an insatiable need to feel their blood on my hands. I launch myself at the nearest Viking warrior and rip them limb from limb, their pain flowing into me as they die. Blood splatters the ash covered ground beneath my feet and steam rises from the ground as the almost acidic blood hits the ash.

     Three more Vikings get slaughtered and their blood covers me from head to toe by the time I have killed them, their body parts scattered all over the ash. I stalk towards the leader and grab her by the throat. She squirms in my grip and I shove her against one of the remaining walls, huge and rusty nails going straight through her arms, legs and torso, and holding her in place against the wall.

     "Who told you that you could kill us all and live to tell the tale?" I hiss, my eyes now pure silver with bloodlust. "Who told you that you would go to Valhalla for this? Who told you that the Norns and Valkyries would spare you from this fate and take you there? Whoever it was has no clue who they're messing with!"

     I dig my claws into her thigh and scrape them along her thigh bone down to her knee before pulling them out and licking the blood off them. She screams and writhes against the wall, the nails tearing larger holes into her body. I snap her fingers one by one and grin as she screeches at every broken bone.

     "You are going to pay severely for their, and your, crimes. You cannot escape this."

     "You are going to be punished for this!"

     I rip her fingers off and her scream sounds, birds leaving their perches in the trees and animals scurrying to safety. She continues to condemn me and I break her arms, creating large gashes where her bones protrude from her tattooed arms and causing rivers of blood to stream from her arms. I cut the bottom of her shirt off and draw the valknut on her stomach in her blood, as well as adding the triskellion beside it.

     "Now they know who has killed you, you murderer. Also, don't choke."

     I grin up at her and rip out her tongue, blood profusely pouring from her mouth. She starts to choke and I shake my head in mock disappointment. Her blood begins to clot in her mouth and turn a deep shade of red.