xvi. blood moon

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     A WEEK HAS PASSED. Half of New Orleans is petrified of coming out at night, maybe more. They are majorly inside before sunset, but then there are those who don't care or don't believe that there is something out there. The streets are splotched with blood new and old, and there is going to be more tonight.

     The full moon is upon us tonight, and not even I can ignore its allure. This full moon is different, and I can tell that the entire Pack know it. It's the Blood Moon. Every century has ten of them, but one has never landed in the month where my curse is in play. Until now that is. None of us know what to expect - well, I have an idea.

     The Werewolves, Werecoyotes, and Hybrids will be rampant tonight and tomorrow night, and there will be no controlling them. They will be uncontrollable and only want the blood of innocents to be spilt. There is no doubt in my mind that my family will be chaining them all up and keeping a watchful eye on their Pack. Well, not all of their Pack.

     Theo, Kol, and Kai will not be there when the Blood Moon reaches its apex, and by the time they are found it will be too late. There will be blood spilt and bodies ripped to shreds no matter who tries to intervene. Blood will rain from the sky and cover the entire French Quarter and most of New Orleans in red. There will be no escaping it - the town will be painted in the blood of innocents and all those who get in our way.

     There's nothing they can do to stop this.

• • •

     The Blood Moon appears on the horizon and a grin spreads on my face, my skin already starting to tingle at the Power the Moon is giving off. The shadows behind me warp slightly and Theo, Kol and Kai appear. They stand beside me and look up at the quickly rising Moon.

     They can feel it too.

     Their eyes are glowing with a reddened hue compared to their normal supernatural eyes, and their muscles are almost spazaming under their skin. They are jumpy and don't stop moving - their fists are clenched tightly and the smell of blood is strong as their claws break through the skin on their palms.