xxxviii. bidding

Freddie Highmore as Niall Stilinski

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘣𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     FURU SHIVERS BESIDE ME and attempts to warm herself, rubbing her hands up and down her arms. I pull her to me, my Phoenix and Salamander sides exerting enough warmth to allow her to relax. It is cold where we are going, and no one brought any source of warmth due to not needing it or deciding against it. Kai's eyes flare molten orange beside me and a warmth encompasses himself and Kol. Sasayaki shuffles closer to her Mate and soaks up his warmth, a gentle smile on Kemuri's face. Only a metre in front of me, Theo stands taught, his eyes burning a deep orange, almost red. He and I aren't feeling the cold, and neither should Kol.

     "Something is moving out there, Stiles," Theo warns, his eyes darkening. "Something dangerous."

     I chuckle. "Of course he's dangerous. He wouldn't be my child if he were not."

     "You never told us what he is."

     "Many call him Death or a Grim Reaper. He is the one that can kill you with a single touch. In Greece's knowledge of the supernatural, he is called Thanatos. There are many beliefs about him, and hardly any are true. He has one form - not many - and he doesn't decide when people die. He just knows when their time is up, and then he takes their lives with the touch of a finger. The closest representation of him is how the Greek view him. Although, their god of sleep is not actually his twin, but a distant cousin. His female counterpart, known as Life where he is Death, is his Mate. Her name is Sarah."