vii. a match made in hell

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     "YOU SURE AS HELL are a monster," Scott snarls. "You slaughtered Humans!"

     My eyes darken. "They weren't Human, Scotty Boy. They were Fae, and the worst kind. They would kill for no other reason than their own pleasure! My family were just playthings to them! I raised those children like they were my own! And they slaughtered those children without a single drop of remorse! They were the monsters!"

     "The way you killed them shows that you are the monster! The one that I should have killed the second I met him!"

     My eyes turn molten orange and Scott starts to sweat, his face turning red and his eyes almost pure gold once again. I drop him to the floor and he writhes on the ground, screams leaving his open mouth and everyone staring at me in horror. A hand lands on my shoulder and I close my eyes, making them return to normal and stopping the pain.

     I cancel out all my ability has caused and my family burst into the room, the rest of the Pack following instantly. Their eyes land on me first and then move to Scott's prone form. Liam and Kira run to said wolf and make sure he's alright. The rest of the wolves that were pinned to the wall drop and look between myself and the former True Alpha with widened eyes - even Lydia takes a step back from me.

     "He's alive," I say, walking out the door. "He's just not an Alpha any longer, and he never will regain the status."

     I am halfway to my room when Isaac yells at me.

     "Who's the Alpha, Stiles?"

     "You can figure it out on your own. No cheating."

     I speed to my room and close the door behind me, locking it. I fall backwards onto my bed and groan, covering my eyes and mentally cursing myself for being so stupid. I don't hear the door open, but I do hear it close and four sets of footsteps walk towards me. I uncover my eyes and look at who entered my room, a laugh escaping my mouth.

     "It's always your four, isn't it?" I ask, dropping my head back onto the bed. "You always follow me around like lost pups."

     Lydia sits cross-legged on my bed, Derek sits on my windowsill like old times, Kai drops the floor and lounges on my beanbag, and Kol shoves me into a sitting position before sitting on the other side of the bed, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. My head drops onto his shoulder and I sigh, enjoying the warmth of my younger brother and the presence of my friends.