xiv. something bad, again

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘥, 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐬

     THE SECOND THE CHAIN snaps I am out of my chair and running to my brother's room. If he can break the silver chains with iridium and vamptonite in the room, then no one can hope to stand a chance against. It's better for me to deal with him as I am harder to kill than every other member of my Pack down in the courtyard.

     I open the door to my brother's room to find him - thankfully - nowhere in sight. I walk over to the bookcase and open the door, the wall lifting to reveal my brother that has in fact broken one of the silver chains. He looks up at me with a malicious grin that I have only seen once before and I know that he is long gone.

     His eyes are constantly flickering between pitch black, pure silver, purple, and his dark green slitted eyes. Demon, Nogitsune, Oni and his Werejaguar/Werehyena components. None of them have a weakness to silver, but one has a weakness of salt. I look at the salted ground beneath my brother only to find a large scorch mark beneath his folded legs.

     "What are you going to do?" Stiles' sing-songs, his grin widening. "You going to stare at me and imagine the worst possible situations while I get free then snap your pathetic neck, or are you going to fix the chain and still get your neck snapped? Choices, choices. What's it going to be, Mikaelson?"

     I meet his ever-changing eyes and sigh. "You're my brother, Stiles. Stop this already. You and I both know that you are letting this happen. You're stronger than this."

     "Why? Because you were too weak to stand you to Mikael yourself so I had to do it for you? So I got almost beat to death every day? Because I actually had the guts to kill the monster before Esther could turn him too? Because I've slaughtered so many, with my humanity, and not felt a drop of remorse? Because you couldn't do what you had to do to protect this family and I did? Why am I stronger than this?"

     "You're a Mikaelson ancestor. It's in all our blood."

     "Having dealt with this for millennia, I've learnt it's easier to give in, brother. There's no doubt about it."