viii. invictus

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵: 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘴

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     KOL, KAI, LYDIA AND Derek stare at me with a mixture of emotions that send my brain haywire and ignites my usually inactive flee instinct. By nature, I am not one to flee, but I still have the occasional instinct to run for my life - and occasionally my sanity. Right now, it's my sanity that I want to keep.

     Kol's eyes meet mine and he elbows me. "Don't just sit there in silence. There's more to your origin story."

     I roll my eyes, but continue anyway. "Not much happened for the next several centuries until I ran into one particular little witch, or warlock if you prefer. He was a pain in my ass, and still is this very day. Malachai Parker, you goddamn little bitch. He's a wonderful witch, but he's a little bitch. Couldn't even manage to kill his whole family on his own. I had to help him. Poor child."

     Kai glares at me. "I was going perfectly fine until someone butted in."

     "You were half dead and strung onto a pole, you dumb nut. You call that perfectly fine?"

     "Whatever. Just keep going. You're at the good part."

     "Either way, he would have died no matter what I did. So, I cut the bloody witch down and healed him. Then he tried to kill me too. So, then I kind of snapped his neck. Let's just say that none of his family were happy about that. They wanted to punish him. Death is a punishment fitting for a killer, but they didn't want to kill him. They had wanted to stick him in some world thing. Like a cage that he couldn't escape."

     "It was a prison world," Kai mutters, his eyes darkening. "I was born a Siphoner, and then I became a partial Witch when I merged with all my siblings and took their magic. Because I was born a Siphoner, I was one of the few that could become a natural Hybrid of a Witch and  Vampire, unlike Stiles over there. I was left in a 1903 prison world with other Siphoners by a Bennett witch, and then a Salvatore tried to turn me into a Hybrid. She was a crazy woman, I can tell you that."

     "Lillian Salvatore. Mother of Damon and Stefan Salvatore. All of my Sire line."

     "Does that mean..?"

     "I am your Sire. Yes. Anyway, not of import at this time. I killed him, and he died with my blood in his system. Ergo, he came back in transition and drained his father of his blood to complete said transition. Then I had to make the idiot a Daylight ring so he didn't burn to pieces. Either way, we killed his entire family. He merged with his siblings and took their magic, and I killed the rest of the Gemini Coven. Now he's the last remaining survivor, which means he can initiate witches into his coven because he is the leader of the Gemini Coven."

     "I-"

     Kai gets cut off as I jump from my bed and straight through my bedroom door. My arms wrap themselves around Scott's waist and we go flying over the balcony, wood flying everywhere. We land on the hard ground, myself on top of Scott with my fangs bared, and Scott crushed between the ground and myself. His eyes are narrowed with anger and his claws are buried in my side.

     I rip his claws out and my eyes turn molten orange. Scott starts to sweat and turn red as I get off him and walk away. He whimpers in pain and the next second his friends are by his side and fussing over him. I sit on one of the chairs and stare at the small commotion, my eyes staying their molten orange as my four friends appear next to me and take in the scene with their own eyes.

     "Stiles!" Davina yells, bending over the balcony. "This is enough! You're hurting your friend!"

     I glance up at her. "He came to kill me. Technically it's only self defence."

     She rolls her eyes and walks away. "Whatever you think. Goddamn idiotic Mikaelson's."

     I return my gaze to the writhing Werewolf and find that he is in a pool of his own sweat by this stage. I meet Isaac's gaze and he raises his eyebrow at me, his eyes flickering between three different colours. I shrug and put my hands behind my head, ignoring Lydia telling me that I need to stop.

     "I think that's long enough, brother," Niklaus says, barely looking up from his book as he walks up the stairs. "I don't want to have to clean up another melted creature."

     "Whatever, Niklaus," I say, rolling my eyes but cancelling my magic none the less.

     Scott's deep, ragged breathing fills the room and Kira places Scott's head on her lap, pushing his hair out of his face and wiping the sweat away at the same time. Liam meets my hardened gaze and his eyes flicker gold for a second before Derek growls at him and they turn normal again and he turns back to Scott.

     Isaac walks over to me. "What did you do to him?"

     I shrug. "I made his blood boil. Literally. If I had kept it up, or turned the heat up, I would have literally melted him. I accidentally did it to another Werewolf several centuries ago. It was quite messy, and not a pretty sight."

     "You are one special person."

     "I am the Original Hybrid. I have to be."