xii. blood must have blood

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦: 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐤𝐨𝐥

     I WATCH MY BROTHER hold the Banshee so gently in his arms, and hold the hand of an Class B Alpha Werewolf as if his life is depending on it. Their scents hit me like a brick wall and I look over at Kai to see a mirroring look of shock and disbelief on his face. They are Mates, but none of them realise it. They are going to have to talk after this long month has passed over us and we don't have to worry about if for another decade.

     This curse has followed my brother for centuries. Possibly even longer. Most likely since he slaughtered all those Fae in his first centuries of being alive. I have heard that killing powerful beings such as Fae can cause a curse to be placed on the killer - a curse that can never be broken or delayed no matter how hard anyone tried.

     I am broken from my thoughts when a loud growl sounds. I look up to see Stiles' eyes turning red and his claws lengthening, growls rumbling in his chest. I see Derek's eyes reacting to the growls by changing to a purple colour, protective and dominant growls leaving him. He grabs Lydia and pushes her behind him as he continues growling at a red eyed Stiles.

     He motions for me to get Lydia out of the room, so I do. I speed over to them and grab Lydia by the waist. I throw her over my shoulder and speed out of the room, down the stairs and into the courtyard with the rest of my now Pack. They see me instantly and the other Alpha - Isaac I think his name is - hurries over and takes Lydia from me, a concerned look on his face.

     "What's going on up there?" Isaac growls, his eyes the same purple as Derek's. "All we can hear is growls, and all we can feel is pain. What's happening to Stiles?"

     "It's a Curse," I explain. "I think it's from his early centuries. Most likely for killing all those Fae that ordered the deaths of his original Pack. Curses can be placed for killing Fae, so it's the most logical reason for the curse."

     "That still doesn't explain what's happening to him."

     "He has no control over any part of him. They are coming out one by one and then it's going to be a sporadic cycle for the rest of the month."

     "What's been out so far?"

     I close my eyes. "Class B Alpha Werewolf, Witch, Demon, Shifter, Class A Alpha Werewolf as of now, and some Demon and Nogitsune Hybrid thing. Neither of us know what it was. Kai and I have never seen it before, but the flickering pitch black eyes and pure silver eyes doesn't leave much open for interpretation."

     A loud snarl sounds quickly followed by a loud whine and a spell being shouted by Kai. I speed up the stairs and into Stiles' room, my eyes going wide at the sight. Stiles has a giant gash on his shoulder that isn't healing, Derek is pinned against a wall by an invisible force and Kai is holding his hand out in the Alpha's direction, his eyes dark and daring.

     "Kai," I say slowly, walking over to my friend with my hands out in front of me. "Kai, it's me. It's Kol. You can let him down. Nobody is going to hurt anyone. Okay?"

     Kai's eyes flicker to me.

     "Kai, put him down. There's no need for this. If you don't listen to me, the Werewolf side of my brother is going to rip your throat out. You're hurting my brother's Mate. Do you want to kill him and make Stiles suffer? What would you do if that happened to Allana?"

     His eyes return to normal and Derek drops to the ground, tears running down Kai's face.

     "It's alright, Kai. Just breathe."

     "He attacked Stiles. I didn't know what else to do. I don't know what I did. I just snapped. I'm so sorry, Kol."

     I pull him into a hug. "It's alright. You don't have to worry about it anymore. Derek's leaving to go be with his other Mate. Lydia needs him right now. Stiles will be fine with us."

     Derek walks out of the room, pausing in the doorway and looking back at Stiles with regret and sadness. I shoo him out with a look and he heads back down to the courtyard, Lydia's sobs reaching my ears as he tells her what happened.

     "What did I do..." Stiles sobs, my eyes flying to the broken person in front of me. "What was I thinking..."

     Kai and I walk over to him, but he stops us with a look.

     "Shut the doors and go. No one comes in here. One month isn't that long."

     "Stiles," I start, but he cuts me off.

     "No. Out. Don't come back for a month. Compel everyone to stay out."

     His compulsion washes over us and we obey without our consent. Kai and I leave the secret room and Kai pushes the book back into place. The door closes and the Star Wars mural appears before our eyes. We leave Stiles' room and I close the door behind us. We walk down to the courtyard and do what he compelled us to do.

     "We had no choice," I say, looking back up to Stiles' room where snarls and groans are already coming from. "He compelled us to do it."

     Derek and Lydia walk over to me.

     "He'll be fine. He always is. His body will shut down soon from lack of blood. Although, he doesn't drink much considering he is a Hybrid of many things. More than we all imagined."

     "What?" a blue eyed wolf asks. "What is he?"

     "A lot. Thanks to some people called the Dread Doctors."

     "Well damn. I had heard stories about them creating a Hybrid, but I wasn't sure it was Stiles."

     "You're Theo, aren't you?" I ask, looking at the Wolf.

     He blinks in surprise. "Yeah."

     "Stiles said you had to explain to us who the Dread Doctors are."

     "Were. They're dead. My Pack killed them when they took me."

     "You're joking right?"

     "Not at all. They commissioned me a few years ago to get them some teens to make Chimeras out of."

     "What?"

     "Chimeras. Like myself, Hayden and Corey."