xxiii. more drama? come on!

• • • • • •

Matt Bomer as Adrian

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢? 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯!

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     I TAKE A DEEP breath and shoot into a sitting position, the blankets falling from my torso and half uncovering Lydia. She groans and reaches for the blanket, pulling it back over her small frame. She shivers and holds the blanket close to her body, trying to preserve heat. It's colder than it's meant to be this time of year, and that only means something bad is either coming or here.

     All of a sudden Lydia screams. I cover my ears and bend over, blood trickling from my ears. I faintly hear my bedroom door opening and Derek staggering in, ramming into a wall before sliding to the ground. My eyes flicker through every possible colour and then everything turns black, my body falling backwards and landing on the bed.

• • •

     My eyes fly open and I jump to my feet, everything spinning as I do so. Hands grab my arms and steady me, the familiar scent of my Blood Bonded surrounding me. I look up and see Theo, his eyes wide and kind of terrified. Behind him I see Kol and Kai, their expressions matching the ones on Theo's face. Theo gently pushes me back onto my bed and crouches in front of me, searching my face for something.