Chapter 16

Rian's POV

Patrick was coming home from a 4 day road trip, which meant my nightmares kept me up. I couldn't call him either because I didn't want to wake him up in the middle of the night on a road trip because I couldn't handle myself. Instead I tried not to sleep as much.

I looked at my phone to see I have one new message from Patrick.

Patrick:
Hey buttercup! We are on our way home now! I would love to see your pretty face! ;)

A sigh of relief washes over me.

me:
My front door is unlocked, my room is the first hallway on the right, second door on the right.

Patrick:
I'll be there in roughly two hours. I miss you!

Me:
I miss you too! <3

I put my phone down and wait for Patrick to come.

***

I could hear the door open quietly, but I was too lazy to look at who came in. A minute later my question was answered when my bed dipped down and a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around me.

"Welcome home." I whisper, reaching my hand back, tangling my fingers in his curls.

"I missed you buttercup." He whispers back, kissing my shoulder.

I twist my upper body to look at him, smiling when I see his twinkling blue eyes.

"I missed you too. So much." I whisper. He connects our lips for the first time in what felt like years. The kiss was soft and slow, like our first. I never wanted to stop kissing Patrick.

He started to pull back, looking at my face. "Get some sleep buttercup. You look tired." He kissed my forehead before placing a light soft kiss on my lips.

I snuggled in closer to his chest, finally able to fall asleep.

Patrick's POV

I lay in Rian's bed, looking at the beautiful, broken angle laying in my arms. She claims to be broken beyond repair, but I don't care. She has been through so much and she deserves to be loved and cared for, and that's what I'm going to do.

I kiss the top of her head, hearing a little sigh escape her mouth. I smile to myself before letting sleep take over me.

***

I wake up to someone playing with my hair. The corners of my lips turn up when I remember where I fell asleep last night.

"Good morning sleepy head." Rian sings with a giggle.

"Good morning to you too, my princess." I open my eyes and smile at the beautiful women in my arms. "What time is it?" I ask.

"10:04." She says.

"Fuck!" I shout. "I hate to run like this, but I have to get to practice." I jump out of her bed and start gathering my stuff.

"Relax Pat! I'm not mad! You have job to do and it happens to be demanding your presence. It's fine." She gets up, holding out my keys.

"I'm going to make it up to you." I stop in front of her.

"Yeah?" She cocks her head to the side.

"Yeah. Brunch after practice, you at my game tonight, then a little romantic dinner, then bed." I tell her the plan. She cocks an eyebrow at the last event. "God! No! Not that way! Get your mind out of the gutter! I meant sleep! I would not start that yet."

"But you plan on it happening?" Her face scrunches.

"On your watch yeah. You dictate the pace. Whenever you're ready, I'll be ready." I kiss her forehead, taking her face in my hands. "I'm not going to force you into anything you don't want to do. If you're ready for the next step, then you're ready. You aren't right now and I understand that. Take as long as you want. Just know that as long as it's you and I, you will always have a say in what goes on."