Chapter 35

Patrick's POV

I woke up the next morning to Rian's side of the bed empty. I look around for any traces of her when I hear her throwing up in the bathroom. I sprang from the bed and ran to the bathroom to see Rian hunched over the toilet. I go over to her and pull her hair back. I rub her back as she continues to heave into the toilet bowl.

"It's ok buttercup." I sooth.

"Why is this happening? I shouldn't be getting sick anymore." She cries.

"How's the pain?" I ask.

"It fucking hurts." She exclaims through her tears. She cleans herself up and crawls into my arms. "What is going on with me?" She whispers through her tears.

"I don't know buttercup." I say, kissing her head. "We have a doctors appointment in a few weeks so we can ask then." I suggest.

"I'm scared to know the answer." She whispers.

"I know baby girl. I am too." I say into her hair.

We sit on the bathroom floor for ten minutes. I rock Rian back and forth in my arms trying to sooth her.

"Do you want some pancakes?" I ask her.

"Yes please." She says quietly.

"Banana, chocolate chip?" I ask.

"Always." She smirks.

"Alright then." I smirk back at her. We get up off the floor and walk to the kitchen. Rian grabs a blanket and wraps herself in it while sitting on one of the stools. I start the kettle after I set up Rian's cup for her tea. I grab the pancake mix, chocolate chips, a banana, and the grill. I slide Rian's cup of tea to her once it's finished.

"Thanks love." She says, holding the cup in both hands.

"Anything for you buttercup." I flash her a smile.

"You're so cheesy." She giggles.

"I know babe." I chuckle.

I start to mix the pancake mix together with the bananas and the chocolate chips. I pour the batter onto the grill, making sure enough chocolate chips and bananas are in them. I stack a few on a plate and place it in front of Rian.

"There you are beautiful." I flash her a smile.

"Thank you." She says quietly.

I grab myself a plate and dive in. "Damn these are so good." I praise myself.

"They're alright." Rian smirks.

"Alright? Just alright? These are the best things ever!" I exclaim.

"Breda makes better ones." She shrugs.

"Well I'm not Breda now am I?" I sass.

"No you aren't." She giggles.

"Shut up and drink your tea." I demand.

Rian lifts the cup up to her face and smirks before taking a sip from the mug.

After we eat, I clean up the mess and leave the extra pancakes for later or whenever Tazer comes home. I walk into the living room where Rian is already getting herself comfy in the couch, pressing play to start a movie.

"What movie are we watching?" I ask moving in and taking her in my arms.

"Take a guess." She says, snuggling into my body.

"Miracle?" I guess.

"You're so smart." She praises.

"Well it is your favorite movie." I point out.