Chapter 39

Patrick's POV

"Welcome home honey." My mom wraps her arms around me.

"Thanks mom." I say hugging her back.

"Rian it's so good to see you again." My mom moves on to give Rian a hug.

"I've missed you." She says to my mom hugging her back.

"I've missed you too hun." She says pulling back and smiling at us. "Why don't you both go upstairs and get settled." My mom suggests.

I grab our suit cases and Rian grabs our bags and we head up to my room.

"Hey guys!" Jessica smiles when she comes out of her room.

"Hey, are Jack and Erica home too?" I mumble to her.

"Yeah, Jack is in her room and Erica is in the basement. Why?" Jess asks in confusion.

"I need your help. I'm going to ask mom to distract Rian in the kitchen so I can talk to you three alone." I explain.

"Is everything ok?" She asks worried.

"I'll explain when I get down there." I say before turning to make sure Rian isn't within earshot. I look back to see Jess's worried face. "It's nothing bad. Don't worry. I just need help with something important." I explain vaguely.

"Ok I'll grab Jackie and meet you in the basement." Jess says before going into Jackie's room.

I make my way down the hall to where my room is. I push the door open wider and find Rian starting to unpack. She looks up and smiles at me.

"What did Jess want?" She asks curiously.

"She's having boy troubles, although I don't know why she would tell me because I want to cut off every dick of any boy who comes around any of them." I lie to her.

"If she wants, she can come to me." Rian shrugs.

"Yeah she said she might because Erica and mom haven't helped her and I don't know what makes her think I would want to help so you may be her best bet." I continue the lie.

"I'm so excited to be here. To be home." She says coming over and wrapping her arms around my waist. I wrap mine around her body, pulling her close to me.

"I am too, buttercup. I'm happy that I get to take you home with me." I smile down at her before placing a soft kiss on her lips. "I love you so much Ri. More than you'll ever know."

"I love you too Pat. You've made me the happiest person in the world when I though happiness wasn't an option. You are my knight in shinning armor." She smiles up at me.

I lean down and place another soft kiss on her lips. I wrap my arms tighter around her body, holding her close to me. I could never get sick of holding her in my arms. The way her head falls underneath my own, the way her body fits against mine. She's not perfect, but to me, she is perfect in every way. She's perfect for me. I pull back and look down at her a smile. I place a kiss on her forehead.

"Go see the rest of your family, I'll finish unpacking." She says with a smile.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes. I'll join you guys in a bit. I just need some time to myself." She gives me a small smile.

Are you ok?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes. As much as I love being here, it also hurts because I see your family and it reminds me of what I had. And don't you dare blame yourself because I love coming here and I love your family, it's just and adjustment. I haven't been with a family that has been whole since I was twelve. I just need to get adjusted is all." I give him a genuine smile.