Chapter 17

Rian's POV

Lexi and I sit in the same suite I was in last time I went to Pat's game. Lexi was so excited that I invited her to the game tonight.

"I'm nervous to meet Jonathan." Lexi turns to me.

"Why? He's not scary or anything." I laugh.

"He's a pro hockey player Grizz!"

"And you're an Olympian. There's no difference." I reply.

"How are you so calm around Pat?" She asks.

"I don't know. I've been around him for a while. It's pretty much second nature at this point. It's like I have known him my whole life and not just a few months." I shrug.

"You make it look so easy." She whines.

"No I don't. I complicate things so much." I respond.

"How? I never see you and Pat fight or get into disagreements."Lexi points out.

"That's because there is nothing to fight over. You have no idea how much I hold back in that relationship. It's so unhealthy." I confess.

"Why don't you let him in more?" Lexi suggests.

"That's not the problem. The problem is me. I don't want to fall in love. I don't want to commit myself to him just to find out he's going after someone else." I confess.

"Rian. He doesn't want anyone else." Lexi tells me.

"How do you know?" I sass her.

"Because I've seen the way he looks at you. He looks at you like you are the only thing that matters in this world. You are his world, whether you want to be or not." Lexi turns back to the ice just as the guys step on for warm ups. I scan the ice and quickly find 88, not taking my eyes off my curly haired, blue eyed boyfriend.

Lexi's POV

The guys won putting me in a good mood. Rian and I were on our way down to meet up with Jon and Pat.

After a few minutes, Rian decides to walk into the locker room. I follow behind her, nervous of what I would see.

Most of the girlfriends and wives were already in the room when we walked in. Rian crosses the room to where Pat stood at his stall. He turned around and smiled at her like he was the luckiest guy in the world. I stand back as I watch them exchange words and a laugh before they kiss. I look away wanting to give them some privacy.

"Grossed out or something?" I look up to see Jonathan Toews standing in front of me.

"No, it's more I feel like I'm invading their moment or something." I confess.

"I feel the same way. I only just found out about them this morning." He laughs awkwardly.

"Rian came home the day they became official all happy and giddy. She's never like that so I basically sat on her head until she told me." Jonathan laughs.

"That's cute, you think I'm kidding." I laugh slightly.

"Wait, you really sat on her head?" He looks at me in disbelief.

"Rian, did I or did I not sit on your head to get you to spill about you and lover boy?" I ask her.

"She did." She looks at Jon. "And I advise you that if she ever sits on your head, prepare yourself because she has one bony ass." She points out.

"True story." I look at Jonathan.

"Good to know." He says looking at me.

"Alright well we have reservations so we are going to bounce, Tazer, I may or may not see you when I get home tonight. It depends on where we crash, Lexi it was great seeing you. Thank you for coming to the game tonight."