Chapter 21

Rian's POV

"I'll see you when I get over there buttercup." Patrick wraps his arms around me, holding me close to his body.

"Ok. Good luck with the rest of your games. I'll be following them from Sochi." I smile up at him.

"Flight 203 to Sochi, now boarding."

"That's you buttercup." Pat gives me a sad smile.

"I wish you could come with me." I say sadly.

"Three days, love. I'll be with you in three days." He kisses the top of my head.

"Three days is too long." I whine.

"You'll be fine. You can call me when you want, just know that if I don't answer,"

"You hate my guts and never want to see me again." I finish, laughing.

"How did you know I was going to say that?" He laughs.

"Lucky guess?" I look up at him, smiling.

Patrick leans down and places a kiss on my lips.

"I love you, baby girl. I'll be rooting for you." Patrick says.

"I love you too." I reply.

"Last call for flight 203 to Sochi, last call."

"You can't miss your flight buttercup. I'll be there in three days. It'll go by so fast, you won't even realize how long we were apart." He smiles at me.

"I love you." I tell him.

"I love you too. Now get on that plane." He laughs while pulling away.

I give him one last kiss before walking over to board the plane. I look back and Patrick is still standing there, his hands in his jean pockets and his face shadowed by his Chicago Bulls hat, except for his piercing blue eyes. I blow him a kiss as I wait for my passport to be approved. He catches my kiss in his hand, placing it on his cheek. He smiles at me and waves.

"You're all set. Have a safe flight." The women smiles at me.

"Thank you very much." I smile at her. I turn around again to look at Patrick. He nods his head in the direction of the tunnel while mouthing the word 'go'. I blow him one more kiss before turning around and walk onto the plane.

"Took you long enough." Lexi says from beside me.

"Sorry." I say quietly.

"Did you guys like have a little quicky before leaving each other?" Lexi smirks.

"Nope, good try though." I laugh.

"Did you kiss the plane?" Lexi asks.

"Is that even a question?" I shoot back.

"Just making sure." She throws her hands up in surrender.

I put my beats on and listen to my music, closing my eyes, hoping to fall asleep.

***

Once we got to the village, we check in and get our room assignments. I go to the assigned building and find my room.

"Oh god." I sigh.

"Hey roomie!" Amanda grins.

"I may have to punch you in the face." I tell her, making my way into the room.

"You love me though." She laughs.

"Yeah just as much as I love my twin brother." I tell her.

"Aw thanks Grizz." Amanda gushes.