Chapter 28

Patrick's POV

"Ready buttercup?" I poke my head into Rian's room.

"Just a sec." She says, zipping up her riding boots.

"You look beautiful." I wrap my arms around her waist.

"Liar." She says. "But thank you anyway." She smiles. I lean down and to give her a quick kiss.

"Let's go." I take her hand and walk out of the apartment. We drive to Sharpie's house in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company.

"So why are we going to Sharpie's?" Rian looks over to me.

"I don't know. He just said that Abby wanted to have us over for dinner or something." I shrug. I was a little skeptical when Sharpie invited us over for dinner. He and Abby rarely have people over for dinner unless it's for something important.

We pull into their driveway and get out. I knock on the door, waiting for someone to answer. Instead I heard Abby shout, "It's open."

Rian opened the door and as soon as we stepped into the house the whole team and staff was before us.

"Surprise!" They all cheered.

"Congratulations you guys!" Abby came over and hugged Rian and I.

"Thank you." Rian smiles.

"Come in. Please, make yourself at home." She ushers us in.

"You weren't expecting that were you?" Sharpie claps my shoulder.

"Not at all. I knew something was up though. Everyone was very suspicious this whole week." I reply.

"Yeah it was hard for Kelly to keep her mouth shut." Sharpie smiles at Kelly.

"Hey, I have never been good at keeping secrets and you know it." She defends herself.

"I was debating on keeping it from her until we got here a few hours ago." Duncan shrugs.

"That would have been for the better, however, you and I both know I always find everything out." She points out.

"That's why I figured I'd tell you." Duncan smiles.

"Patrick, come here for a second." Rian says from the kitchen.

"Excuse me boys." I say as I make my way to Rian.

"Look at this." She says laughing. As I make my way closer to where she is, I see a watermelon carved out to look like a baby carriage. Inside is a baby that is made out of fruit.

"Did you make this?" I ask Abby.

"With the help from some of the girls." She nods.

"That's awesome." I say laughing.

"Take a picture with it." Abby insists. I give her my phone and Rian and I stand in front of the fruit baby.

"That's a good picture." Abby smiles, handing my phone back.

"Thanks Ab." I smile. Rian makes her way further into the kitchen to mingle with the girls. I make my way to the living room where the guys are.

"Kaner!" A little voice screeches.

"Madelyn!" I turn around and bend down as she runs right into my arms. I pick her up and put her on my hip. "How's my favorite girl doing?"

"Good. I'm in preschool!" She exclaims.

"No way! That's so cool!" I say excitedly. "You're getting so big." I say sadly.

"Why are you sad?" She asks.