Chapter 30

Patrick's POV

"Are you sure you don't mind us staying?" I asked my mom when we walked in.

"Not at all. You are always welcome." She says hugging both Rian and I.

"I'm sorry to be such a burden." Rian says quietly.

"Honey, you are anything but a burden. You will always be welcome here." My mom holds her. "I'm sorry for what you had to go through sweetheart." She says kissing the top of her head. "There's left overs in the fridge if you're hungry." She offers.

"I'm all set, thank you." Rian waves off.

"Let me know if you need anything. It's good to see you both." My mom says before going back upstairs.

"Come on, let's go get something to eat." I usher her into the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry." She states.

"You haven't eaten anything all day." I challenge.

"I don't have much of an appetite." She she says quietly.

"You need to eat something." I plead.

"Fine." She huffs out, too tired to fight.

"There's left over chicken pot pie or we can make Mac 'n Cheese." I turn to her. She looks so depressed and lost. "Do you just want to go to bed?" Rian nods her head. "Go up to bed. I'll be up in a bit. Get some sleep love." I wrap her in a hug. She rests her head on my chest.

"I'm sorry." She says quietly, her voice cracking.

"Look at me." I lift her head. "Non of this is your fault. I'm not going anywhere." I kiss her forehead.

"I just feel bad. You can never catch a break." She says.

"Me? Why am I the one who can't catch a break?" I laugh.

"Because I dragged you into this roller coaster I call my life. " She says sadly.

"And I'm not getting off it until the end of time." I hold her tighter. "I love you too much to let you go."

"Thank you. For everything. For not running when you had the chance." She looks up at me.

"There is no running involved. Unless it's me running after our baby and the family we will have." She cracks a smile and giggles a bit. "I love you, buttercup. Now go get some rest." I kiss her softly.

"I love you." She says pecking my lips one last time. I watch as she makes her way to the stairs and disappears.

I go back to making myself some dinner. I decide to make Mac 'n Cheese. I boil the water and start to get everything I need.

"What are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here or anything." I turn to see Jessica in the doorway.

"Shit hit the fan in Boston with Rian's family and she wanted to come here for a bit." I sum up.

"Is everything ok?" Jessica sits at the island.

"Not really." I rub my face with my hands. "Long story short, her, Cullen, and Breda have basically been disowned." I say lightly.

"What happened?" She asks shocked.

"Her brother was being a dick to her and she blew up at him, announced she was pregnant, her mom flipped and said she was a disgrace and how she basically hates Rian and told her not to come back." I sum up.

"Wait, you got her pregnant?" Jessica asks.

"Yes. Mom and dad don't know yet. We wanted to tell them at some point this trip. Please keep your mouth shut and when we announce it, act like you didn't know." I plead.