Chapter 26

Rian's POV

I wake up in the morning and sprint to the bathroom. I fall to my knees in front of the toilet and empty the contents of my stomach. I stay there for a few minutes, waiting for this wave of nausea to pass. Once I know I'm done, I flush the toilet and brush my teeth.

"Good morning." Lexi cheers.

I grumble in response, sitting at the island, placing my head on the counter.

"You ok?" Lexi asks, sliding my tea in front of me.

"I got sick again this morning." I mumble, clutching my stomach.

"Are you sick or something?" Lexi asks, sipping her coffee.

"No because I'll be fine later today." I reply.

"How long has this been happening?" Lexi asks.

"Since we got home from Sochi. So about a week." I reply, lifting my head to take a sip of my tea.

"You may want to look into that, Grizz." Lexi says worried.

"It probably is just like food poisoning or something." I shake it off.

"Food poisoning doesn't just come and go after a few hours, it stays with you until it's out of your system." Lexi explains.

"Then I don't know what the fuck it is. I'm no doctor or anything." I snap.

"When was the last time you had your period?" Lexi questioned.

"I don't know." I complain. "Does it matter?" I sass her.

"Yes it does. When are you due?" She asks.

"When do you get yours?" I ask her.

"I already had mine. I got it right before we left Sochi to come home." She explains.

"Fuck." I whisper once it hits me.

"What?" Lexi asks worried.

"I'm late. Like a whole fucking week late." I tell her, my eyes grow wide with realization.

"Wait. When did this happen?" Lexi demands.

"After we won gold. Amanda was gone and Patrick and I sort of..." I trail off.

"Did you use a condom?" She asks.

"I don't know. It all happened so fast, I don't remember any of that!" I say fast. Covering my face with my hands.

"Do you want me to get some tests?" Lexi asks. I nod my head as my hands still cover my face.

"I'll be back in a few. Try to calm down please. And eat." She pleads before leaving. Once Lexi leaves, I break down. I'm not ready to be a mother. I can't take care of a baby. I'm not mentally or emotionally stable to take care of a baby. And how am I supposed to tell Patrick? Would he leave me? I start to hyperventilate as these thoughts run through my mind.

My phone starts to buzz on the counter with Patrick's name on the screen. I take a deep breath before answering.

"Hi." I choke out trying to sound normal.

"Everything ok buttercup?" Patrick asks.

"Yeah I just don't feel well." I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Are you sick?" He asks.

"I don't know." I try to calm myself down.

"What's going on?" He continues to question me.

"I've been throwing up for the past few days." I reply.

"Do you want some company?" He sounds hopeful.