Chapter 24

Rian's POV

Today was the gold medal game against Canada. I was stretching out and warming up, getting into the zone.

"Grizz I have to tell you something." Lexi says from beside me.

"What's up?" I ask.

"A few days ago, Jon and I went out for dinner. We had a great time. Then one thing led to another and we kinda slept together." She says slowly.

"Lexi!" I scold.

"I know, I know! I just couldn't resist!" She covers her face.

"You just committed the worst crime in hockey. During the Olympics." I say shocked.

"I couldn't help it. We got too carried away." She says quietly.

"Was he at least good?" I ask intrigued.

"Oh my god, don't even get me started. Rian, the best I've ever had. He was great." She gushes.

"Wow. You seriously couldn't have waited until we got home?" I ask, laughing.

"Rian, if I had my way, I would have fucked him the night we got drunk off our asses." She admits.

"So what are you guys now?" I ask.

"Honestly, I don't know. We didn't talk about it. We were too busy yelling and moaning to really talk about anything." She says with a shrug.

"You're such a whore." I shake my head laughing.

"I'm only a whore for one guy though. My legs are closed for everyone else." She says.

I shake my head at my best friend. "I'm happy for you, Lex. I hope you guys work out." I say honestly.

"Thanks Grizz. That means a lot. I hope you and Pat work out too. I miss you guys." She says honestly.

"I miss us too." I say sadly.

"You guys will figure it out though. I know you will." She says confidently.

"I hope so." I say sadly.

"Hey! No long faces! This is the gold medal game. We need angry faces, not sad faces." Julie shakes us out of our thoughts.

"Sorry Jules." I say.

"Hey. Get him out of your head. Both of them. Regain your focus. We need you out there. They will rip you apart and expose you if you are not focused. Calm down, clear your mind and focus. I'm just asking for 90 minutes from you. That's all I need. 90 minutes and then you can think about whatever you want. We need you Grizz. And you need that gold medal." Julie says quietly.

"I know." I respond.

"Clear your head. You'll be fine." She says.

"Thanks Jules." I give her a smile.

"You're welcome, kid. Now let's go out and fuck shit up. You've done it before. Let's take that medal right from those damn Canadians." She smirks.

"Show no mercy." I mirror her.

"We've got this." She hits my shoulder pads before walking away.

***

Lexi flips the puck up over everyone's head to hit me coming out of the penalty box. I collect the pass and skate in all alone on the goaltender. I take a shot and hit the post before being cross checked from behind. I go hard into the boards, struggling to get up. My right shoulder has a shooting pain, making my arm tingle.

"Watch your back Fitzgerald." One of them growls.

"Don't you dare touch my teammate. Mess with her, you mess with the rest of us." Gigi gets in her face.