Chapter 38

Rian's POV

"Shit." I mutter, hanging my head. The Hawks just lost game seven of the Conference Finals to the LA Kings in over time.

"I don't want to deal with Jon after this." Lexi mutters, not wanting his mom to hear.

"I don't blame you hun." Jonathan's mom, Andrée, leans over and gives Lexi a sad smile.

"I did not mean for you to hear that. I'm so sorry!" Lexi apologizes with wide eyes.

"Honey, it's alright. I had to deal with him after losses for 18 years, I feel for you. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with them anymore." Andrée chuckles.

"They are never fun after a loss. Especially after coming this far." Donna agrees.

"This summer should be fun." Andrèe rolls her eyes.

"Every mothers dream, having her moody son home longer than he would have been." Donna says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"The only good thing about that is hopefully he'll be bringing this beauty around." Andrée says wrapping an arm around Lexi. "Maybe I can stick Jonathan with Bryan and David and take Lexi all to myself." She laughs.

"I'm ok with that." Lexi laughs.

"See I have to bring the other three with me if I take Rian, but they aren't as moody unless they are in a bad mood that day or if Mother Nature decides to pay a visit." Donna laughs.

"Usually you take us out shopping or to get our nails done." I laugh.

"And it's a fun time." Donna says with a smile.

"I'm looking forward to a summer up in Buffalo." I say.

"We're looking forward to seeing you this summer." She hugs me tighter.

We all make the walk down to the locker room and wait for the boys to exit. One by one they exit the room, heads hung low and disappointment clear in their eyes.

Patrick and Jonathan are the last ones out. Pat come right over to me wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head in between my neck and shoulder. I wrap my arms around his shoulders, with one hand playing with his mullet. I kiss his temple and continue to hold him.

He pulls back after a few minutes and looks down at me. I reach up and kiss his cheek, trying to comfort him. He moves away from me and towards Donna, wrapping his arms around her as well.

"Thanks for coming." He says to his family. You could hear the hurt and disappointment in his voice. "I appreciate it."

"Anything for you honey." Donna says with a small smile.

"I hate to do this, but I don't really feel like going out tonight." He says quietly.

"We didn't expect you to want to." Donna assures him. "It's normal to not want to go out after something like this. We understand."

"Thank you." He says quietly.

"Go home and sleep. You need the rest." Donna says pulling him into another hug.

"Ok. I love you guys." He says hugging every member of his family.

"We love you too." Jackie says hugging her brother. Patrick hugs her longer than he did his other sisters.

"Ready love?" I ask when he faces me.

"Yeah." He says handing me the keys. "I'm in no state to drive us home safely right now." He explains when he sees the confusion on my face.We walk out of the UC hand in hand.