Chapter 32

Lexi's POV

"Jon, she hasn't eaten a lot." I explain to him over the phone.

"She needs to though, it's not healthy." Jon says.

"You don't think I don't know that? I've tried just about everything, I don't know what to do. Plus she won't shut up about how she lost Patrick." I say running my fingers through my hair.

"He second guesses his decision of walking out all the time. He walks around all day asking if he did the right thing. How long has this stupid break gone on for?" He asks.

"Almost two weeks." I sigh.

"Two weeks too long." He mumbles.

"I know." I sigh. "Are you excited to play again tonight?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Yeah, it's been too long. I'm ready to play tonight." He says happily. "You'll be there right?" He asks.

"Obviously. What kind of girlfriend would I be if I miss my man's return to the line up? Plus, it's playoff hockey, I wouldn't miss any game for the life of me." I giggle.

"Good, I need my lucky charm in the stands cheering for me." He says with a laugh.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I say happily.

"I really wish Rian and Pat would cut the shit. I know he wants her there tonight whether she's mad at him or not." He sighs.

"I can try to convince her to come." I suggest.

"Really?" He asks shocked.

"Yeah. I can come up with some way to convince her to come to the game." I say excitedly.

"That would be awesome. I know he would want her there, even if she's still mad at him. He still loves her." Jon explains.

"Doesn't surprise me." I say unphased.

"Alright, I have to go to practice, but I'll see you tonight, hopefully with Rian." Jon says.

"Yes you will. Have fun at practice and good luck tonight. I'll be watching you." I say with a smile.

"I'll be sure to put on a show just for you." Jon laughs.

"Thanks hun." I gush.

"I'll see you later tonight, angel."

"Bye Jon." I giggle. I end the call and smile down at the black screen. I push myself off the counter and start to make breakfast.

As I start to flip the first set of pancakes, Rian is next to me starting the tea kettle.

"Good morning Grizz." I greet her.

"Morning Lex." She says back. I look down at her stomach and see she is starting to gain a little weight.

"Any sign of a baby bump yet?" I ask excitedly.

She lifts up her shirt and looks down and looks to me.

"I don't see one." She says shaking her head. "Why can you see it?"

"No, but your stomach is starting to get bigger. You're not as small and petite as you were." I explain.

"I don't know, that sounds right because I'm in my second month already." She explains. "What are you making?" She asks peeking over my shoulder.

"Banana chocolate chip pancakes." I reply.

"You didn't add the nuts?" Rian asks.

"Shit! I knew I forgot to add something." I curse myself.