Chapter 36

Rian's POV
"Hey stranger, how have you been?" Lexi greets me from the stove.

"I'm ok." I mutter. "Hi John." I give him a weak smile.

"Hi Rian." He returns my smile.

"Want some eggs?" Lexi gestures to the stove.

"No, I'm all set. I'm just going to take a shower." I say, making my way to the bathroom.

"Ok. Holler if you need anything!" Lexis calls after me.

I get into the bathroom and start undressing. I notice a red stain in my underwear. My heart sinks.

"Shit." I mutter. "Lexi!" I shout. My hands start to shake.

"Yeah?" She shouts back.

"Call Patrick! Now!" I shout shakily.

"Why? What's going on?" She asks through the door. I wrap my towel around my body and open the door.

"I'm starting to bleed." My voice cracks.

"Fuck. Jon has he answered?" Lexi shouts.

"It's ringing." He says as he walks down the hall. "Why? What's so ur-" He stops mid sentence as he reaches us. "Hey man, you may want to call Rian's doctor or something." Tazer pauses. "Dude she's bleeding. I may not be the wisest with this, but I know that can't be good. Just call the doctor and get over here." Jon says hanging up.

"Lexi," I trail off.

"It'll be ok honey." She says pulling me into her arms. "Jon, can you go get her a sweatshirt, sports bra, underwear, athletic shorts, and sweats please?" Lexi looks over at Jon.

I sob into Lexi's shoulder waiting for Jon to get my clothes. I hear the front door open and close and footsteps make there why down the hall.

"What's going on?" Patrick asks frantically.

"She came home and she called me in here and her underwear was stained with blood.

"Fuck." He turns away running his fingers through his hair. "We have an appointment in a half hour." He says trying to stay calm.

"Here's her clothes." Jon comes back in. I take a seat on the toilet and start to zone out.

"Rian, you need to work with me right now, ok?" Patrick says kneeling in front of me. He starts to grab my clothes to help dress me. He unwraps the towel and grabs the sports bra, pulling that over my head. He puts my shorts and sweats on next. He pulls me up and puts my sweatshirt on before leading me out of the bathroom.

"Keep us posted please." Lexi calls after us.

"We will." Patrick responds.

The car ride to the hospital was a blur of cars and pedestrians. We sit in silence, not knowing what to say. Patrick looks over at me periodically, checking to see if I'm ok.

Patrick parks in the parking garage and we make our way to the office. He goes and check us in, while I take a seat in one of the chairs. He joins me soon after, taking my hand in his and bringing it to his lips.

"No matter what happens, I love Rian." He whispers. His eyes are red as tears start to build. I lean my head on his shoulder, holding his bicep with my other hand.

We sit in silence for what feels like hours. Patrick rubs circles on the back of my hand to try to calm me as I grip his bicep harder.

"Kane?" A nurse calls out, pulling me from my thought.

"Come on love." Patrick kisses my head and pulls me up.

"Right this way." The nurse smiles, a failed attempt to calm our nerves. "Dr. Kelley will be with you shortly." She says walking out of the room. I lie down on the table and Patrick takes a seat next to me. He takes my hand again and kisses the back of it.