Chapter 27

Rian's POV

Today was my first doctors appointment. I'm a little nervous about it and Patrick could sense it. I held his hand tighter than I usually do.

"You'll be fine buttercup. We're ok." He says placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"I can't help it." I whisper, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Stop worrying about it. We've made our decision. We'll make it. I'm right here." He kisses my head again. "I love you buttercup. This doesn't change that."

"I love you too." I look up at him. He places a soft kiss on my lips. I pull back and place my head back on his shoulder.

"Rian?" A nurse called out five minutes later.

Patrick and I stand and walk toward the nurse.

"Follow me. Dr. Kelley will be in shortly." She smiles before leading us into a small room. She places a folder on the desk and walks out of the room, closing the door. Patrick sits in one of the chairs, while I sit on top of the table facing him. He grabs both my hands and kisses both of them.

"I'm not going anywhere baby girl." He says rubbing the back of my hands. I smile down at him, running my fingers through his curls.

"You need a hair cut." I giggle.

"I can't yet. I need to grow it out a little. I need enough hair for my playoff mullet." He explains.

"I think you'll have enough for a mullet." I laugh.

"Hello Rian, I'm Dr. Kelley." My doctor smiles as she walks in.

"Nice to meet you." I smile, offering my hand. "This is my boyfriend, Patrick." I introduce her.

"I'm assuming you're the father?" She asks, shaking Patrick's hand.

"Yes ma'am." He smiles.

"Ok, so roughly how far along are you?" She asks.

"About three weeks." I reply.

"When did you start noticing any changes?" She questions.

"About one, maybe two weeks ago." I respond.

"Morning sickness?"

"Every morning." I nod.

"Alright, let's take a look at this baby." She smiles. I lay back on the table, lifting my shirt up to my bra. Patrick grabs my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Dr. Kelley squeezes the gel onto my stomach and I flinch at the coldness. she starts to spread the gel out on my stomach and navigating the surface of my stomach. She slows down when she hears something.

"Do you hear that?" She asks us. Patrick and I nod our heads. "That's your baby's heart beat." She smiles.

I look over to Patrick who is watching the monitor with amazement. His eyes start to get glassy and the corners of his lips turn up. He looks over at me with the biggest smile on his face. "That's our baby." He whispers, his smile never leaving his face. I place my hand on his cheek. He leans into my hand, kissing my palm in the process. "This is so crazy." He says with amazement.

"Congratulations to the two of you. Your baby is healthy and developing." She smiles towards us. "I would like to see you in a month to make sure the baby is developing and remains healthy. That will put us in early April. Would you like to go ahead and book it or would you like to call?" Dr. Kelley asks.

"What would you like I do?" I turn to Patrick.

"I know I want to be at the appointment," he trails off.