MILEVEN REUNION (ReWritten)

Mike and the gang were on their way home, crossing the woods with their bikes on hand.
Lucas and Dustin were, as usual, bickering about who knows what. Meanwhile Mike kept thinking about that girl who changed his life forever. He would usually try to avoid Mirkwood on his way to whatever his destination was. He hated having to remember the night he found Eleven.

The gang now walked down the main road. It was pretty dark, only a few street lamps illuminated the road.

Mike switched his thought to the night of the Snowball last year. That night was one of the most heartbreaking nights he could have ever experienced. He remembers Nancy had to stay with him home to cheer him up, but as much as she tried, he couldn't stop crying. Nancy would hug Mike as tight as possible and would ask questions about how Eleven was. Believe it or not, when Mike was talking about El he would sometimes let a little smile form on his lips.

Mike snapped out of his thoughts when he heard something. He looked back up at the road and saw a black figure. It seemed a girl, but he couldn't quite tell because, again, it was so dark. He slowly started approaching.

"Hello?" he shouted

Lucas and Dustin snapped out of their discussion.

"Mike!" The mysterious person shouted.

Mike quickly let his bike fall to the ground and started running. He stopped a few meters away from the person.

Then everything seemed to fall. His throat started burning, his eyes battled for the tears not to fall down his cheeks. All of his weight seemed to be on his feet.

"El?" He faintly said, his voice cracking up.

"Mike" She said, her voice also cracking up. She lifted her arms in the air, gesturing for him to come to her.

Mike sniffled, tears were streaming down his cheeks. He started sprinting the few meters that separated them and he immediately wrapped his arms around her small and fragile body. Both of them were crying.

"It's you" He sniffled "It's really you"

Eleven tightened her hug, squeezing him even more.

"Yes" She said, smiling to herself.

Mike noticed how much he had grown this year, Eleven was quite smaller than him.
She buried her face on the crook of his neck, sniffling.

After a long while they finally pulled apart, Mike getting a look of Eleven. Her hair had grown with little curls, which he loved. She was more beautiful than ever, but she seemed weak. She was still wearing the pink dress and Mike's T-shirt over it. Of course the fabric was waisted and broken.

Mike smiled and hugged her again. He started crying again.

"I-I'm so sorry El" He sniffled "If I knew you were alive I would have helped you" He said, hugging her tightly.

Eleven cupped Mike's face and smiled at him.

"I'm back home Mike" She said

They both slightly chuckled, with tears still running down their faces.

Eleven let his arms fall. Their eyes were locked. Mike lowered his gaze to her chapped lips.

Eleven saw that, and she knew what he wanted. She wanted it too. She didn't really know what a 'kiss' was, or if it was a good or bad thing to do. But honestly, she didn't care. The moment that Mike kissed her for the first time she felt happiness for the first time. Like if her broken pieces were recovered again.

Mike looked back at El. She nodded. Mike raised his eyebrows, making Eleven giggle a bit. She whipped away her tears and looked back at Mike's eyes, with a smile plastered on her face. Mike smiled back and cupped her face. The touch of Mike's warm hands made Eleven shiver. Mike smiled at the sight.
He started leaning in. Their noses touched and they both closed their eyes, and suddenly Mike's warm lips touched El's. Eleven kissed back. This kiss was different than the first one. It was longer. The world seemed to fade away, and those twelve long months in pain were forgotten for a few minutes. Their broken pieces were back together again, stronger than ever. Nothing else mattered. It was just them. Mike and Eleven. Facing the world.

After a few seconds they both separated a bit, their foreheads still touching.

"I've missed you so much" Mike whispered.

"Me too Mike"

Mike smiled and hugged her again. Then he realized. The boys.

He looked backwards and saw Dustin and Lucas standing there. Shocked.
"Shit" Mike thought.

When Eleven saw them she smiled real big and before she could say anything Dustin and Lucas shouted;

"Eleven!!!"

They both ran up to her and hugged her real tight, making Eleven giggle. Mike left a chuckle. They both looked at each other, grinning.

"Holly shit! You are alive!!!" Dustin said, leaning back from the hug but right after diving right into it again. Eleven giggled again.

"We've missed you so much!" Lucas said, they both now separated, letting Eleven breath.

"Me too" She smiled at both of them, then glancing at Mike, who was behind both of the boys.

"But you know who missed you more?" Lucas asked.

"Mike" He whispered, pointing back at him.

"I heard you Lucas!" Mike said.

"He's not the same one since you left, he barely speaks" Lucas said.

"Yeah. He was always sad" Dustin said.

"Shut up you two!" Mike furrowed his eyebrows.

He didn't want El to know that.

Eleven giggled and ran to hug Mike. Mike was shocked but soon wrapped his arms around her petite torso, he kissed the top of her head and rested his chin on it. Eleven felt so warm and safe in his arms.

"Let's go home" Mike mouthed to the boys.

The boys nodded and they started walking back to their bikes. Mike was still holding El.

"Hey El, let's go home" He whispered.

Eleven's head was suddenly flooded with memories of the basement, of her fort.

El smiled to herself and looked up at Mike. She smiled and nodded, making him smile.

They finally separated and Mike grabbed El's hand, interlacing their fingers.

Eleven rested her head on his shoulder and they both started walking down the road.

Lucas and Dustin looked back at the pair approaching them and smiled at the view, finally his friend seemed happy again.
-
So I decided to rewrite the reunion, I was reading the one I wrote a few weeks ago and thought I could do a different version and better written.It is a little shorter but either ways I hope you like it! A big one shot is coming up soon. See you in the next one!

:)