Hot Chocolate and Eggos

[Age: 16&17]

"Here" He said, handing her the hot mug.

She placed her eggo on her mouth and carefully grabbed it. Mike took his shoes of and hopped into the bed with her. All of their actions were slow and careful, since they had hot chocolate on their hands.

Mike let his mug on the bed table and looked at El, who was also leaving the mug on the table. Right when she was turning to face Mike, he leaned down and bit the eggo hanging from her mouth.

Eleven grabbed the eggo so she could talk.

"You ass!" She said, hitting his chest.

Mike started laughing uncontrollably, knowing how mad she got when someone ate her eggos. On the other side, Mike's laugh was dangerously contagious, and as much as El wanted to look angry, she ended up joining his laugh.

Once he calmed down, he grabbed his hot chocolate, which now wasn't that hot anymore. He sat down, legs crossed. He wore a big black hoodie, which El loved by the way.

"Mike?"

"Hmh?" He said, licking chocolate that was dripping down the mug.

"What was your first thought when you found me?"

Mike furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her.

"Why do you wanna know that?"

"Just -answer"

"I don't know, I was confused I guess" He shrugged, lifting his mug and having another sip.

"And... when did you start liking me?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers.

Mike almost choked at the question, making El chuckle.

He left the mug back on the table. He looked back at her, to see she was waiting for a response. His freckled cheeks started turning a light pink.

"I liked you more and more everyday. There wasn't a moment when I suddenly did" He said, looking down at his lap.

Eleven nodded, her cheeks also getting red.

"And I'm glad I did. 'Cause you changed my life. Completely." He said, looking up.

Eleven smiled. He laid down and opened his arms to her. Still grinning, she moved, filling the empty space. He wrapped his arms around her, her hands scrunched up on his chest. Mike rested his chin on the top of her head, getting lost in his thoughts.

"El?" He said after a few seconds.

"Mhm?" She said against his chest.

He breathed in and waited a few seconds before talking again.

"Don't you dare to ever leave me again" He almost whispered, cracking up.

He didn't mean it as a girlfriend, but in general. She could do her life, he wanted her to be happy, but he wanted her to somehow be part of his life.

Eleven opened her eyes and looked up at him. He looked down.

"I would never" She said, bringing her hands up around his neck.

He tightened his grip on her waist.

"I love you" She added.

But before Mike could answer she pressed her lips against his.
-
Kinda sad chapter. I hope you liked it and thanks for reading!
-B