The party

[Warnings: This chapter mentions alcohol, a little of cursing and make outs between couples (Nothing else). The characters are 17 and 18 of age. Also, I don't know about parties from the 80's so i'll just go with the flow. I wanted to experiment a little different kind of scenarios. I apologize if this is too much.]

Mike awaited her girlfriend on the couch, every once in a while checking his infamous watch. He was waiting for her to get prepared for that so wished party. A week ago she had asked if they could join the gang and go to the party with them. Mike's obvious first thought was no.

But after taking a second thought he knew he couldn't treat her like a little girl forever, like she was different. She needed to socialize and do things that girls her age did. Just because she had telekinesis powers and she had been 12 years of her life trapped in a lab, with no contact of the outside world, didn't mean she couldn't do normal things, it was even another reason why she should do them.

Mike repeated all of this in his head, but still couldn't help being nervous. Weird things happened at party's. Yeah sure, El was already 17 and she knew everything she should. But as much as she knows things, she hadn't experience them.

Eleven, the gang and even himself knew that he was going to be glued to her the whole night. But it's something obvious when you have an overprotective boyfriend. And even more when we are talking about Mike and Eleven's relationship. Their whole life seemed to be based on protecting each other.

Mike tapped his foot against the wooden floor. A quick flashback of the night of the Snowball from '84 passed around his head, it was the exactly same position. Him waiting for her to get prepared for what it was going to be an unforgettable night.

"Mike"
A soft voice coming from the top of the stairs interrupted his thoughts, making him snap up his head. His jaw dropped at the sight. She was wearing tall jeans, a black crop top (that exposed just a little of her stomach) and some high heels matching it. Her hair was tied up in a fancy but beautiful hairstyle (A/N: The hairstyle is the one from the picture), where her curly hair flowed a little messy but in a perfect way.

"How do I look?" She asked, walking down the stairs.

Mike stood up and they met in the middle of the basement. Even though she was wearing tall shoes, he was still much taller than her.
He looked down at her and grinned, tugging a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Amazing"

Mike and Eleven walked hand in hand through the dark streets. Max, Lucas, Dustin and Will followed behind them.

"El" Max called her. Eleven let her hand untangle from his, he placed his hand on his pockets. She walked next to the red headed girl and started talking with her.

Will walked up next to him.

"Hey, it'll be fine, it's just a party" He said

"I know, I know" Mike said, not looking away from his feet

"She knows how to protect herself, she can get really badass, as you well know"

"Yeah" He grinned, remembering when Eleven saved him from falling off the cliff and broke Troy's arm.

"She'll be fine" He nodded, pressing his lips together and looking up at Will.