Not pretty anymore

It had been a few weeks since El was back, and she had seen many people and many different things. She had come to the point of realizing that she was so different to the rest.
She had short hair and had had it even shorter last year. She had an "ugly" tattoo with some stupid number on her wrist.
She didn't know many things of life.
She had superpowers, and with them she hurt people. She had killed many in the past.
Her clothing style was so different from the rest.
She found herself so vulnerable. She didn't feel like she fit with the rest. She didn't feel pretty anymore.

Mike had seen how she felt. Every time he would call her pretty her face would light up even more than she usually would. But SHE needed to understand that she was truly pretty.

Nancy and Eleven were home alone. Nancy was making Eggos when she heard some sobbing down the basement.
She ran downstairs to find El curled up in a ball inside her fort.
"Not pretty anymore"
"Ugly"

"Oh god, Eleven" Nancy whispered to herself
She quickly ran upstairs and dialed a number.
"Are you done yet? Eleven is crying in her fort"
"twenty minutes? Okay. I'll see you then. Bye"

Twenty minutes past by and Mike opened the door.
"Thank god. I can't calm her down" Nancy said
Mike nodded, took his jacket off and ran downstairs. Finding Eleven still curled up.
"El" He said running towards her
She looked up at him with her red puffy eyes.
Mike wrapped his arms around her small torso and pulled her as close as him as he could.
"Eleven. Listen to me." He said, lifting her chin up so their eyes met.
"Friends don't lie." He said.
"Even less your boyfriend" He added
Eleven faintly smiled at his last sentence.
"So when I tell you that you are pretty, I mean it." He said, looking straight into her big brown eyes.
He looked at her for a few seconds, admiring her features.
"God, you are not even pretty. You are beautiful" He said, biting his lip.
Eleven let out a small chuckle and smiled.
"Thank you Mike" She said
Mike rubbed her tears away with his thumb before leaning in and planting a small and sweet kiss on her lips.
"I want to show you something" Mike said.
Eleven sat up and he pulled her were she was on his lap.
He lifted his left arm so it was visible for both of them, and with his other hand he rolled his sleeve up to reveal an exact replica of Eleven's tattoo.
Eleven gasped and covered her mouth.
"Your tattoo is so beautiful, I thought why not getting one of my own" He whispered.
Her fingerprints slowly touched Mike's wrist, admiring the "011" mark.
Mike just smiled at the sight.
"I love you so damn much Mike" She said turning to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.
Mike wrapped his around her waist.
"I love you too El, you don't even know how much"

Since that day, Eleven felt pretty again. She didn't fear of what others might think of her. She always tried to see the best side of herself.
And if someday she ever felt low she remembered how Mike had the exact tattoo as her, because he loved her so much.
And that was the only thing that mattered.
How much they loved each other.

Sorry for not updating! I'm working on my Mileven book🙈
I hope you've enjoyed and thanks for reading!
Love you all xx
-B