Chapter 27

Ashar's POV.
I was roaming here and there waiting for her. It was 4 of evening and she didn't reach yet.

"Ashar you okay?" Mom asked when she saw me roaming here and there restless.

"Yes mom. I mean no." I said and turned to me.

She gave me a confused look. Even I was also confused. No I mean I was not confused but nervous. How to tell her. Now.

"Mom actually I...I want to tell you something." I took the courage to say.

"Yes I'm listening." Mom said and I took deep breaths.

"Ashar come on." I mumbled to myself.

"Is everything okay?" Mom asked and I opened my eyes to see her.

"Yes of course. All good " I said nervous or confused I don't know.

"Ashar spill." Mom said.

"Mom actually Maham and I..." I stopped.

"Yes you and Maham?" Mom stopped and waited for me to continue.

"That...we...that...God why this is so difficult." I said and turned to other side.

"Where are you Maham?" I thought while running my hand in my hair.

And then my eyes found her standing in the centre of door. I smiled and my courage increased as she was here now. She walked to me but I was lost in looking at her. In pink frock she was looking so beautiful.

"Assalam-o-alikum aunty." She said as she stopped in front of mom.

"Wasalaam. How are you.?" Mom asker while hugging her.

"I'm good Alhamdulillah." She replied and turned to see me.

"So did you...tell.?" She asked looking at me and I shook my head as no.

"What you both are trying to tell me?" Mom asked looking at both of us.

"No aunty I don't.. I mean Ashar want to say something. Ashar say na." She said while slapping my arm to bring me out of my lost condition.

"Huh! Yes mom...I...no we...I mean..me and Maham...no..I mean we...no..that..I..want to say that...me and Maham..." But I stopped while slipping my tongue on my dry lips.

"Yes I know you and Maham. Would you please spill the next word?" Mom asked

"Ashar say it na." Maham said while holding my arm.

"Then why don't you tell mom?" I said to her but she shook her head as no

"Okay enough now. First decide what you both want to say and who will tell me." Mom said and walked out from there.

Maham turned to see me and I walked toward my room.

"Ashar." She called and I felt her following me.

But I didn't stopped. I just wanted sometime to think. How to tell. God why this is do difficult. I reached my room and she stepped in after me.

"Ashar." She called and I turned to her.

"What was that? Why didn't you tell mom?" She asked while coming closer to me.

"You think its easy. I tried you saw right." I defended myself.

"Yeah right! I saw. And I didn't know my Ashar can be scared this much." She said and walked toward chair.

But I held her arm and pulled her back. Standing her in front of me, I looked in her eyes.