Before the flood

"I just want to know why you're making up such graphic lies?" I told Leonardo whom I was on the phone with. "Yeah of course you don't understand. You don't understand that I'm in love with you. Just you wait darling you'll soon grow bored of Johnny within a year or two and come back to me . Let's just say I'm speeding up the process." He said. "I don't know why you're doing this to Kate or Johnny you'll ruin both of them." I said. "It's always been about you Jessica. I chose you and now you have no choice. I'm making you choose honey." He whispered and hung up. "Fuck." I said . "What? Did he say he was gonna lay off ?" He asked . "No I think you should just take me home and pretend like this never happened ." I said. "I'm not letting you go." He said. "Johnny please." I said. "I can't just pretend that we didn't have sex and that I'm not falling more and more in love with the more you refuse to love me." He said. "I can't be with you Johnny." I stuttered. "Yes you can there's nothing that can stop us." He said. "I don't want to ruin your life. Your career." I said . "We could leave and go anywhere you want." He said. "No Johnny that won't stop Leonardo from spreading lies about me." I cried. "We can't be done not like this." He said. "We can't be done if we just act like we didn't even start ." I sighed. "But we did start and I don't want to pretend. Please Jessica." He pleaded. I walked out of the car . "I'm sorry Johnny but I'm doing this for you." I said. I saw one single tear run down his cheek. I walked to the side of the window and kissed him. "I don't want you to hurt yourself okay ? Look at me." I said . I slides my finger across his cheek. "I can't go through that again. I'll find away to be with you we can work it out. I just need you to be strong right now . " I said. He nods his head and kisses my hand. "I'll stay strong for you because I love you forever and always ." He said .

I walked into the house . Pass the hallway and into my room where Leonardo was patiently sitting . Waiting for my arrival. "Why the glum face?" He smirked. "Where does Kate think you are?" I asked. "At an audition." He said . He smashed his lips onto mine. "Too bad I'm not in the mood right now but I'm happy you made the right choice." He laughed. "Never in my life did I take you for a manipulative asshole." I said. "You're not the first. Now I'm going to do this again and this time you're going to say yes." he bent on one knee. I chuckle. "What's so funny?" He said. "The truth is going to come out you can't win DiCaprio ." I said. "Explain." Pinching my face and then resting his hand on his chin. "Well if I were to be with Johnny right now. For one you'd be spreading lies for all America but of course no one will believe me. Except maybe the press. After I tell them everything and I do mean everything." I said . "I don't think you're so sure honey ." He said. "Well you never announced that we were ever dating in these years. In this time I was dating Johnny and not you which Kate can verify. She'll just think I'm a compulsive liar though and fall deeply under your spell like I did more times than once . " I said . "What if you stay with me?" He asked . "Everyone will see what a jerk you are . Everyone will hate me and you'll destroy Kate ." I smirked . "Then why did you show up at all?" He asked. "I wanted to see your reaction because this relationship has always been complicated for me . It's been confusing and I've been put through a lot with you. I just wanted to see you again ." I said. "Do you love me?" He asked. "I think I do but I'll never be with you as long as Kate's around and you will probably never leave her." I said. "I can do that please darling princess." He begged. "No I just need you to say that you're happy." I said. "I'm not going to be happy without you." He said. "Why don't you just take another trip." I laughed sarcastically. "Well maybe I will." He smirked closing the space between us. His lips touched mine. I melted into his arms as they hooked around my waist. I broke the kiss and looked at the tears in his eyes. I wiped them away with my thumb. "I'm sorry ." I said . He let me go and walked out the door.