Chapter 17

Jesses P.O.V

"Com'on Sami! You can do it, i believe in you. Com'on!" I cheered. Once again she tried to shift back but little happened, a few bones clicked but then clicked back causing her pain. Sami collapsed back on the bed, letting out a wolfy sigh.

"Maybe ... Maybe-"
"Don't you dare say it!" I howled , cutting the doctor off, "your next luna is not staying wolf! HELP HER!"

'Jesse, please.' Sami mindlinked, 'im exhausted...'
"Please you have to try, please!"
I begged her.

"Wait, i have an idea." The doctor spoke, "i cant believe we havent tried it yet!" He began raising his voice, sounding angry at himself.
"What is it?" i asked, not taking my eyes off Sami.
"We'll run her a bath, relax her muscles and calm her down. Her mind must be running mad by now it was so obvious!"
"Great!" I said, "you get started i'll pick Sami up and meet you there."

That very moment the doctor went rushing out the room to a private bathroom. A tap turned on a few doors down before the doctor came back, rushing around. "We doing this or just standing here? Alpha come on!" He spoke in a rushed tone.
"Right, right." I said. Grabbing Sami and cradling her in my arms, i rushed towards the sound of the running tap. Even for a wolf she wasnt very heavy. Gently, i laid her on the floor until her bath would be ready.

Scented candles brightened the room with dancing flames, filling the walls with marvelous group dances. The doctor came back holding a big bottle filled with blue liquid.
"What are the candles for?" i asked him.
"Well only the best for the luna, presides, it helps people relax." "Oh, ok then."

I watched as he uncapped the bottle and poured the thick liquid under the tap, making bubbles form everywhere. Suddenly, he dunked his hand into the water before throwning it out again, "augh!" he jumped, flicking his hand sending droplets of water flying across the room.
"Hot?" I chuckled.
"Just a bit..." He replied, inspecting his bright red hand.

The doctor blew his hand then snapped the tap to cold. Freezing water poured out for a few more seconds until he turned the tap off and stuck his hand back in, nodding with approval at the new temperature.
"Sorted? Can Sami go in now?" I gave the doctor a questioning look.
"Yeah, its safe." He sighed as he struggled to get off his knees.

I picked Sami up again then slowly dipped her into the water. She stood in the bath with the tower of bubbles reaching just under her snout. "Is it ok?" I looked at the water submerging her body.
'Perfect...' She mindlinked.
This was the most relaxed id ever seen her, but also the most quiet. It was worrying.

I held water in my palms and caught a peek of my reflection. I looked like shit. My eyes held bags underneath them and my face and hair was dirty. I looked back at Sami, she had her eyes closed and her legs looked like they would give way at any moment. Slowly, i got up and walked out the room. I was blinded by the difference in brightness and took a few seconds to get myself together. I went on the search for towles, a nurse down the hall was wheeling a trolly away, i ran up to her. "Hello? Do you have any towels?" i asked.
"Oh of course alpha! Here..." she bent down and grabbed some towels off the bottom.
I took them after thanking her and ran back to the room.

What i saw was both delighting and terrifying.

Sami was no longer wolf! But she was also sinking deeper into the bath. I dropped the towels and lept over to her, grabbing her waist and pulling her above the water. Soaking myself in the process. She spluttered as a little water was expelled from her lungs.
"Jesse?!" She coughed.
"Yes, its me im here." I answered.

I pulled her out the bath tub and onto the fluffy rug on the floor. Calmly, i started wrapping her into the towels i earlier dropped. She began closing her eyes as she fell into a deep sleep...

‰‰‰‰‰
Yay shes no longer wolf! But she almost drowned!
Bit short but its getting late and i wanted to update.

Vote, comment and follow ! ❤❤

-Gem 💎