Chapter 31

Sami

Shortly after being shoved into a vile, mold covered room that they dared to call a bathroom, I was pulled back to the damp, dark room I was being held in.

Unsurprisingly, the handcuffs were put back on while the bag over my head was taken off. Finally, I was able to breath without smelling an awful, unrecognizable stench that intoxicated my lungs.

Both Sam and Perro went to leave; then Sam stopped at the door. He gave me the most evil smirk, "Perro, remember me saying don't hurt her yet?"
He smirked in response.
"She's all yours... just keep her alive..." He smiled before walking out the door.

The door closed and the only light remaining was the dim yellow one slowing swinging from the ceiling.

Perro began storming over, his fist held high. I prepared myself, burrowing my face into my shoulder. But the pain never came...

I gained the courage to look up. He was standing there, arms crossed , his eyebrows furrowed. I sat there in silence, my eyes not holding his for longer than two seconds.

"You're broken."
He said, still looking at me. His eyes slightly sad looking.
"Excuse me?" I said, my voice timid.
"Sam, he broke you didn't he?"
His arms dropping to his sides.

I looked down, tears forming at my eyes just remembering some of the memories.

"He broke me too, you know."
I looked up, finding it hard to believe. A violent dog like him?

"I had a family..."

Those words hurt. A family. He had a family.
That means a mate. What happened?

"What were their name's?" I asked.

"Hermosa, my mate, beautiful she was. Then there was Cariño, my darling little girl, 5 when it happened... She'd be about your age now ..." A tear fell down his cheek as he struggled with his words.

I felt so bad. If I lost Jesse, i'd die. He's gone through hell.

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

Short, but it's a start. I haven't had much motivation for a while but I've finally written some more.

Hope you enjoyed it, tell me what you think, vote or comment.

-Gem 💎