Chapter 22

Samis P.O.V

Me and Jesse began jogging down the hallway before I stopped at the top of the stairs. I looked at Jesse and sighed, a frown appeared on his face as I looked down.

"What's up?" He asked, moving a stray hair from my face.
"She's rouge ... What will happen to her, Jesse?" Worry began to flood my thoughts.

"Yes, Rax mentioned she was. Normally we don't take in rouges, she didn't trespass but she didn't ask for sanctuary. You just rescued her. Unfortunately we don't know what she was doing before hand either."
A tear began forming in my eye but I told myself to stay strong.
"But anyway," he continued, "let's look into it later. Right now she just needs help."

I let out a smile and pulled myself together. We ran down the stairs creating thudding echoes. Calmly, both of us entered the living room, the girl was still huddeled up in the corner of the sofa. Jesse wandered over to her and keeled down, looking her in the eyes.

The girl was wearing a skinny black top with a red and black flannel shirt over it. Both had small holes in places with patches of mud covering them and her black trousers. Her dark brown locks were tangled and dirty and she had dried blood on her face, neck and hands. The girl still had her sleeves covering up to her wrists and was holding her legs up tight to her chest. She peered over her knees, her brown eyes dull and lifeless, visible tear stains trailed down to her cheeks.
She looked at Jesse then me before turning back to Jesse again.

"Hey," He said. ,"I'm Jesse, the next alpha of the pack. What's your name?"

The girl gave no response.

"You were found by my mate here," he gestured to me, " can you tell me what happened?"

Still, the girl gave no response.

Jesse sighed and got up from the ground and walked over to me.
"She won't say anything." He huffed, then slowly walked out the room to who knows where.

I turned around and ran my hand thought through my hair, thinking what to do next. There was a fireplace in the middle of the far wall. I walked up to it and placed some more coal on the small pile, then I grabbed the box of matches from the mantel before striking one and tossing it into the pile. I watched as the small head set alight to the chunks of coal, spreading and setting alight to all of them one by one.

I could feel the girls eyes set on me as I sat on my knees, gazing into the now roaring fire. The heat over came my body but I didn't move, it was almost perfect.

In the corner of my eye I could see the girl sitting down beside me, but I kept my eyes on the fire. The only sound audible was the cracking of the flames.
I let out a peaceful sigh as we sat in silence.

"My name's Trish." The girl spoke, in a quite voice.
"Hi Trish. I'm Sami, Jesse mate." I said, glancing at her before taking my attention back to the flames.
"What was you doing in the woods when i found you?"
Trish looked down and there was silence once more.
"So, you like fire." I continued.
"So do you." She pointed out, looking at the flames too.

I looked at her then heaved myself from the floor, I extended my hand to her, "you look like you could use a refreshing shower" I admitted, finding a better way to say she looked like a mess, "and I know just where to get one." I continued, putting a happier tone in my voice.
"Thanks, I know I must look a mess." She looked at her clothes as she took my hand and I pulled her up.
I kept hold of her hand as I lead her upstairs, Trish's face going bright red. I walked right into Jesses bedroom and past him sitting on his bed, then proceeded to take her into Jesses bathroom and shut the door. His bathroom was bigger so it will give her some space to feel comfortable. Speedily I told her how to work the shower and that I'd leave Jesses bedroom empty for her to get changed into clean clothes.

I hopped out of the bathroom and slipped over to Jesse. He gave me a questioning look and said, "What the heck was that?". "Trish is using your bathroom so hop to it and get out." I answered.
"Ummm..." he continued, " how did you get her to talk to you? And one: I'm not in the bathroom so I'm fine, and two: it's its my bathroom why can't she use a different one?" He gave me another questioning look.
"Well..." I started, "that for me to know and for you to find out, and one: she's getting changed in here when I find clean clothes, and two: you let me use it."

He opened his mouth to speak again but I covered it with my hand. "End of get out now." I commanded. I took away my hand as he got up and walked out with a sigh, " I'll be in my office ... That's if anyone needs me!" He called out. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle, he can be such a child.

A few seconds after I left the room too so I could find some clothes. I didn't have many to be honest anyway, the only ones I have i came here in as well as the ones Krina used, others the Luna just gave to me. Oh, that's it I could just go to the Luna ask if she has anymore.

Wandering down the hallways, I was finding almost everyone but the Luna. I quickly checked the kitchen but didn't have much luck, after, I decided to check various other rooms only to be told that she wasn't there and that she is here somewhere. Like that's a lot of help ...

Eventually, I bumped into the alpha (metaphorically of course) and asked him. "Hey, alpha do-"
"Now, come on. Call me Ace."
He interrupted.
"Ok then, Ace, do you know where the Luna is ?"
He thought for a few seconds, "last she told me she was going down the the kitchen" he finally finished. Ugh, the first place I went. This isn't exactly a small house, they know that right?

"Oh Ok, thanks alpha." I said as i began walking back to the kitchen.
"Ace!" He called out.

Yeah, yeah whatever I thought to myself.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Hey, hope you liked it and that it was worth the wait.

Bye bye.

-Gem 💎