Chapter 29

Jesse's P.O.V

When will we find her? I don't even know who took her.
Sami could be anywhere by now.

I had been up all night, I couldn't possibly sleep with her gone. I found my mate... my missing piece, then she was ripped from me and I feel more lost and empty than ever.

Suddenly, a small bounding ball of fur launched itself on top of me. He jumped up and down on my lap, spinning round and panting. Cody. He continued to show his wolf off some more.

"Cody!" My mother's voice called from outside.
He growled in response, then he mindlinked me. 'Don't tell her I'm here. I like being my wolf.'

And as quick as that I scooped him up as I stood from the chair I was sat on. His furry load wriggled in my arms, Cody was getting quite big now. He was about just over half the size of an average wolf, but he will end up bigger than the average on account of the royal blood.

I had continued walking to the front door, where my mother stood waiting, her arms firmly crossed.

Swiftly, I placed him on the ground and covered the front door, blocking his entrance.

He snarled in response.

"CODY!" My mother shouted, glaring at him. This made him lie down and whine, his head between his paws.
"Did I ever teach you to do that?" He shook his furry head.
"Correct!" She spoke, a little calmer now.
"Right," she continued, "now shift back." Cody hesitated before standing up and, eventually, shifting. He picked up his clothes and ran back inside screaming "Traitor!" He was presumably going to his room, his blonde hair following behind him.

I chuckled to myself.

"Well," my mother sighed, "I think that was a good shifting lesson."
I laughed in response, "you're kiding right? You would've shouted at me just for lying down or shifting that slowly."
I continued to laugh.
"Yes, well, he's younger. Not next in line." She smiled at me.
"Really ? That's your excuse?" I raised a brow at her.
"It's one I'm going to stick to." She laughed, before heading in the same direction as Cody.

I went in the opposite direction, back to the chair I was sitting on before Cody jumped on me. It was getting old now, but it still held it's vibrant red colour and it's softness. I sat down, drawing circles with my thumb in the fabric, something about it was so calming...

"Alpha!" A woman screeched.

My head snapped in the direction of the voice. I jumped up again and peered out the front door, just as my fathers wolf came leaping down the stairs and past me in the direction of the noise.

I shifted too, after taking my clothes off. I stretched my back, and heard it click, before racing off to catch up with my father. We didn't even look at each other, just focused on getting to all the commotion.

Once we got to the little crowd we shifted, two men tossed a pair of clothes to each of us.
What laid on the floor before us was both terrifying and angering.

A man, in his 30's I'd say, laid on the floor with a dagger in his chest. I've seen him before in training, James I believe. Another man, an omega from the pack, held his head up and kept him as still as possible.
"The doctors are on their way!" A woman spoke, the same voice that called my father.

My father kneeled down and took over from the omega, whom I've never seen before. His hands were covered in the mans blood, he slowly rose and stared at James, shock plastered on his face.

"MAKE WAY!" Voices boomed, everyone moved. Doctors brought a stretcher and placed it beside James. He started coughing, drops of blood flew from his mouth and fell on a doctor. "Ok. Let's hurry!" The head doctor said. They counted to three and moved James from the ground to the stretcher.

My father quickly rose as the doctors began rushing James to the hospital.
"Who did this!" My father yelled, making a few people jump. A pack member spoke up,"we're not sure, Alpha." A different one continued,"we found him shortly before he collapsed, and we called you."
My father sighed. "OK, I'll get this sorted."

The crowd dispersed, but three men remained.
One held a note and raised his arm to give it to me, "we found this on the dagger," I took the note and opened it, "we thought you'd want to see it..." He took a few steps backwards and left with the other two men.

My father remained by my side, "What does it say, son?" He asked. I read the note and passed it to him. He held it in his hand. A mixture of shock, hatred, fear and anger washed over me.
I turned to walk off, I didn't know where I was going but it was away from here. My wolf took over. I shifted, shreading the clothes I'd been given and ran.

I glanced back once to see my father reading the note, he then dropped his arms and looked over at me.

The note read:

We have her now give us what we want. If you don't, she will die...

-S

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A quicker update this time.
Please feel free to drop a vote.

-Gem 💎