Mr. Famous

A one shot where Harry leaves his boyfriend, Louis, after he becomes famous. 

~_~_~

"I'm glad to welcome Harry Styles to our studio today!" Louis didn't know why he was watching. He hadn't talked to Harry in five years. He hadn't seen the man in person for four. Louis reaches out to turn the TV off, but stops as he sees his ex-boyfriend walk on. 

Louis' heart stops. Louis tried his best to avoid everything and anything with Harry Styles on it. He went to great lengths to avoid the magazine aisle because more than likely the boy's face was on the front cover. He couldn't much avoid hearing about him since he was one of the biggest stars out there and he was about to release a new album. It didn't help much that his best friend, Liam Payne, still talked to Harry either. 

"Hello! It's great to be here," Harry's voice was deeper than Louis remembered. Louis takes a moment to scan over his face. 

Harry's hair was a little longer than Louis remembers. Louis knew that the boy had cut his long hair about a year ago, but he hadn't realized how long it had gotten since then. His face was more defined now then it was when Harry left him. Louis finds his whole body clenching as his mind starts to wonder towards the old memories they shared. 

"So, you're album is dropping soon. Tell me about that, how is this album different from the ones in the years past?" Louis knew he couldn't watch much more. He wouldn't allow himself to fall for Harry all over again. 

He grips the remote tight in his hand as Harry smiles, "This album is a lot more personal than the last couple have been. I really dug deep and poured my heart out into these songs. The fans will get to hear more of my feelings in this then anything else." 

A knock at the door sends Louis jumping. He leaps out of his seat and fumbles to turn the TV off. He refused to be caught watching Harry's interviews. Louis makes sure the TV is off before opening the door. 

"Hey Louis!" Louis' best friend, Liam, walks inside and sets his bag down on the couch. Louis raises an eyebrow before closing the door and following Liam. 

"What's up?" Liam grabs the remote control and turns the TV back on before taking a seat on Louis' couch. Louis takes a hesitant seat next to him. 

"Har--uh, H, told me he had a surprise for us on his segment today. He wouldn't tell me what it was about, but he said it was a big deal and that I needed to watch it with you," Liam explains. 

"He talked about me? I thought you said he never brought me up in your conversations. That's the rule, Liam! You can't talk to Harry about me or vice versa! I thought I was--"

"Shut up, alright? This was the only time he ever talked about you so I figured it must be something big if he wants you to watch it too," Liam says. Louis groans, knowing he wasn't as mad at Liam as he was letting on. 

Louis was always hurt that Liam still talked to Harry. The three of them were really close when they went to school together. In fact, Liam was the only person besides the families that knew Harry and Louis were dating. Neither boy wanted to make it a big deal and decided to only tell Liam and the family to keep it that way. However, when Harry moved to LA he only ever talked to Liam. Louis would try to keep in touch with Harry, but Harry burned the bridge between them without an explanation. Liam suggested he cut off contact with Harry too hoping it would make Louis feel better, but it really didn't. Nothing would make Louis feel better about it. 

"So what are your plans for after the album drops? Big party maybe?" Louis watches as Harry plays with his rings. Those stupid rings were the only thing that made Louis want to forgive Harry. Louis got Harry most of the rings while they were dating and Harry kept all of them and still wore them. The rings were the only thing keeping Louis curious about Harry. If Harry really didn't want to talk to Louis he would've sold them or stopped wearing them, but he didn't.