12. I Hope to Be There

Barry POV

"Kara!.... Hey!" I greet Kara at the DEO, awkwardly with my hand. She turns around and her eyes light up. She walks up to me, clearly nervous, bitting her lip with magnificence. Don't ask me why I find her so alluring. I just do.

"Hey, Barry." Her eyes seem playful as she lowers her chin a little bit. Her fingers entwine and she smirks at me.  After that kiss we sort of got to the apartment and I told her that I would sleep over at Winn's. She agreed. I mean, I know that she has a tendency to think things after they happen privately so I wanted to give her some space.

"Did you have a good night sleep?" She nods, pursing her lips. I smile brighter, wondering if she laid away all night thinking about how awesome that kiss was, like I did. Because...damn. Kara Danvers is Supergirl in all senses. Specially kissing.

"So..." She claps her hands together.

"So..." I repeat and theres a warm silence between us for a few seconds. "That kiss was...ummm..." I start looking for the right word. Her face falls a little bit.

"Bad?" She asks as if she did something wrong. I laugh and she seems to remain scared and wide eyed.

"No. No! I was gonna say amazing. Dazzling."  She sighs in relief and then lets out a nervous giggle looking down at the floor. God, if she knew how cute that looks.

"In fact it was so incredible that I may not survive another day without another one. Tell you what...I'll take you out, today, 7 o'clock." I puff my chest with my chin up and offer her my hand. Her cheeks turn the same color as her cape. 

"You do know that 'dates' don't go well with people like us right? That somehow somewhere a villain pops up in the middle of a good conversation, right?" She bobs her head to the side and winks an eye. I take a deep breath to admire her.

"You're worth the risk." I admit, making her blush again. She punches me lightly in the shoulder and then we walk side by side through the halls of the DEO.

"So, is that a yes?" She puts a finger on her chin and looks up t the sky, thinking. I furrow my eyebrows in curiosity.

"It's a maybe. You'll have to earn it." I swear I almost fall to my knees when I watch her playing hard to get and walking away, her hair swinging like a pendulum, confidence exhibiting in her.

---

Joe POV

"Anything?" I ask anyone as I enter the main cortex of STAR Labs. I feel like I'm being hit by a truck all the time. I just want to know, he's okay, just...something.

"Well, I managed to reconnect Barry's vitals to the mapping system." My face lights up when Cisco says it but there's something in his voice that fills me with doubt. I run up to the computer he's sitting in front of.

There's a flatline. My heart falls and my chest feels like it's being pressurized. I swallow hard and watch Cisco with terror, he notices I'm panicked and he stand up slowly.

"He's not dead." I point to the screen.

"Joe..." Caitlyn walks up towards me but I take a step back, tears filling my eyes.

"No. I would know if he was. He's my son, he is my son!" I shout and leave the cortex, but manage to hear what Caitlyn says to Cisco.

"You have to tell him."

---

Kara's POV

"He kissed me." I shout into the phone, when Alex picks up and she seems frantic.