19. Choose

Kara POV
"Can we go over this again?" I ask Cisco and Caitlin. They sigh but silently agree to explain the situation again.

"Okay..." I start, repeating the facts they just gave me.

"Barry died in the past, ummm...Savitar killed him, but you..." I point at Wally.

"Ran back in time, which y'all don't remeber, punched the living hell out of Barry and sent him to my Earth, to protect him from the future." He nods.

"Wait...so you're faster than Barry now? And you punched him?" I ask confused.

"Yeah." He confirms, nodding his head. Suddenly I fit all the pieces together...

"Wait so the flash of light I saw the day I was fighting Luther was you. Spying on us!" My eyes grow wide.

"Checking on you." He corrects me.

"So you could save Barry?" I ask him with a flutter in my heart.

"Wally doesn't control his speed he could end up anywhere. Even in the speed force." Caitlin answers for him. What the hell is a speed force?

"Okay so...you expected to kill Savitar before Barry got back...from my Earth?"I continue. They nod.

"But obviously you didn't. And so now he's going to die. In about 6 hours. But the part that I don't get is...why would Savitar kill Barry? Isn't that like a weirdly twisted suicide?" I ask, my head hurting for trying to solve the riddle.

"Unless it was an accident. Unless he accidentally killed Barry. Unless Barry got fast enough to stop him and got stabbed instead of Iris. And somehow managed to 1. Get fast enough and 2. Remove his conscience from Savitar's. " I hold my breath. How the hell will Barry pull that off?

"And how do you know that?" I ask. Cisco steps close to me and grabs my shoulder. I supposed he's about to do what they call 'vibe' and live up to his name.

"Let me show you..."

Barry POV

Deep down, I knew that what I was doing was wrong. Lying was wrong. But it was the only way. The only solution to my problems.

The shame of being tossed around by whoever the hell threw me to Kara's Earth was something that had grown inside of me as time went by. And the looming of Iris' fate just intensified that.

Every instinct and nerve on my body told me no but I said yes. The only thing that I care about right now is two things: saving Iris and fixing everything that came after that. Including Kara Danvers. The person who made me feel as if I had a purpose again.

Kara would kill me is she knew what I was about to do, but it's the only way I'll beat Savitar. The only way I'll save Iris and the only way I would finally be able to pick the pieces up and think about who I want to be. It's not only about saving someone anymore, its about rebuilding myself and return to the real objective: be a better hero.

I lost myself. Until I found Kara. She showed me that the stressed, burdened, depressed Barry wasn't Barry at all. Or at least it wasn't the Barry the world needed. It wasn't the Barry she saw.
The man I am in Kara's eyes is the man I want to be.

But I cant be him if I don't save Iris first. So it has come to this.

Me, holding a needle of the last dose of Velocity 9 I need, to be fast enough and save Iris from being killed by Savitar. I know Savitar has no idea about the doses or the Velocity 9, because professor Stein managed to crack the code and disconnect my conscience from Savitar by inserting a microscopic mechanism that prevents him from making new memories, or from seeing anything I do.