20. Flashbacks (P A R T I)

Cisco POV
I knew I should've told Kara , but for some reason it left a swirling tornado on my stomach to even think about it. She was the one responsible for saving my best friends' life and I knew what was at stake. It was the past, it was the present, it was the future. Kara held everything on her hands. Wether or not she saved Barry, determined each one of those factors. But I knew what we had asked her to do was not just reckless but something I would be accounted for if something went wrong. Saving the fastest man alive from himself...

The truth is...that night was a swirl of everything and everyone was held accounted for something. Betrayal, relief, grief, anger, death. But you'll have to guess who got what...

5 H O U R S B E F O R E.
Cisco POV

"Kara." I call out. She turns around and snaps off whatever she's thinking. "Caitlin said you were looking for me." I inform her. She nods with a smile on her lips.

"Yeah. I just wanted to go over the details with you one more time..." She explains.

"Sure, Kara." I smile.

"Thanks...Hey, do you know were Barry is?" She asks. But I know that what she really meant to say is: Why is he not here?
Kara is one of those people you can read. She's an open book, in a good way. And as time has passed, Ive learned to read her. Usually, theres hope and joy, but now its just empty. Today, when I looked at her, I swear I could see pain.
Maybe its the vibe thing maybe its the friendship thing but I can feel somethings not right.

"He's with his family." Thats sounded wrong in so many ways. I mean, it doesnt feel right to call ourselves other than his family. But Kara seems to get it as she stares at the floor, nodding.

"Oh, of course. I mean, he should be. Hey, you look tired." She points out. I smile at her rapid change of topic.

"Just making sure everything's perfect. Wouldnt forgive myself if I missed a calculation...t-to save my best friend." I explain.

"Make sure you don't die in the intent. You look like hell, Cisco. Get some sleep." She commands and I want to do as she says but I know there's a lot more calculations to make and can't afford to rest. I laugh as another thought pops in my mind.

"Yeah about dying on the intent...umm, Kara, I do need to warn you that messing with speedsters is extremely dangerous. I know I already told you but remember you need to have a head start of at least 5 seconds to save Barry, Iris and yourself. A second too late and someone's a goner." I repeat as she smiles.

"Got it. Remember I'm faster than Barry without V9. I can kick his ass from Monday to Sunday..." She sings and bumps my shoulder, and I laugh.

"No way. No one can beat ma boy! Not even the Girl of Steel." I tease and she lifts both eyebrows, her eyes lighting up for the challenge.

"Wanna bet?" She dares and we run to the lab, inserting all of the gadgets Barry has in his suit on her Supergirl suit, ready to test her speed.

"Okay, ready? Remember Star City and back. Barry made it in 17 seconds. Let's see what you got, Supergirl..." I narrow my eyes at her.. She's smirking, confidently.

"Roger that." She laughs.

"Okay. Ready? 3...2...1...Go!" I shout and watch her speed spike up immensely, I watch the timer and her location carefully, unable to believe my eyes.